Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Planning a trip to Bear Lake Sunday and I was wondering the best place to park and take the snowmobile out? The park manager replied to an E-mail that the marina was not recomended due to unsafe ice but they do have to cover their butts. I can walk out but my knees prevent me from going to far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I use the public access road to the beach in Garden City. It takes you right down to the shoreline and best of all, it's free. With a snowmobile you can head any direction. If you're not familiar with Garden City, it's the first block south of the "T" that comes out of Logan Canyon. There's a log cabin Bear drive-in . Turn towards the lake and follow the road.[/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You can also head to Ideal Beach Condos and you can pay a few bucks per person and use their access point. You have to wait till the person in the entrance building is there to open the gate though and that's around 8:00 am. It's also the closest access to the rock pile area.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]There are a ton of places to launch a sled. You can go to the east side and launch at first or second point. Just about anywhere you can pull off the road will do. Good luck.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info I'm sure I'll need the luck also.
[signature]
357bob,

I think that the street that blm is talking about by the pizza place is 150 East. The lady will get to Ideal beach on Saturday and Sundays at 9:00 am. Unless you go down and persuade her to come in early Like we did last week. She came in at 0800 for us

Good Luck
[signature]