Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Species today
Fished Bear Lake from first light untill 2:00. Catching was a little tough but was able to ice a lake trout, cutthroat and a bonneville white fish. On the way home I seen a couple groups fishing Mantua, the ice looked a little iffy for my standards but figured if I followed their path it should be alright. Fished it for 2 hours and caught 2 large mouth bass, a perch and a small rainbow.
[signature]
Buffet style day I guess. Too bad the fishing wasn't a little better at Bear lake but six differnt species in one day isn't bad.
[signature]
nice, how big was the lake trout??? and just the three fish at bear lake or did you catch more of those three species...
[signature]
Nice, what were the conditions of at Bear Lake ( Ice wise).
[signature]
Wow, sounds like a great day on the ice, two lakes, 6 species, you can't beat that. We saw a bunch of guys off Gus Rich point, was one of them you? We were fishing south of GRP near the weedbeds of Ideal beach. It was a slow day for us as well but we did manage to catch 5, 4 cutts and this nice mack.
[signature]
1- 20.5" lake trout
1- 22" cutt
1- 9" white fish
1- 7" perch
1- 10" rainbow
2- 13" LMB
Nothing real big but a fish is a fish!

Bob, the ice is holding up real well. There was about 9" of ice and no slush.

WH2, I went up solo today. I mainly fished off the old rock pile but did go over to GRP for alittle while. The large group you seen was most likely Elkaholic and his gang, I was told he was out there by GRP.
[signature]
Hi Mike, man sounds like you had a busy day today. Good job buddy.

AFDan52
[signature]
Nice report. Sounds like you had a good time while I was stuck at work! [Sad]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I also hit the Bear Yesterday with Biteme, Mick_Jigger and friend, and Bigboat69 and his wife. We move around a bit and caught fish. Fishing was generally slow and it seemed the fish were somewhere else because we didn't see a lot of fish on the sonar.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Biteme had an 8 lb mack and a few cutts, I caught a few cutts, the biggest going 6 lbs; a beautiful fish, and caught a 12-14 lb mack that popped the jig when I was pulling it out of the hole. Needless to say, it slide back down the hole and I wasn't going to get my sleeves wet trying to flip it back on to the ice when it was only going to get release anyway.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Bigboat69's wife caught a 6 lb mack and broke off a decent fish. Not a great day of fishing but we all had fun none the less. I had video of most of the better fish but the disk wouldn't finalize correctly so it's useless. Bigboat69 took some video. Maybe he'll post it.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Rich, I seen you when you stoped at Gus Rich point and was talking to that large group, I wasn't to far from them, then headed towards the state park marina.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, that was Elkoholic and his pals. Seems they were having a tough time getting on fish. I don't know how they did after we talked to them.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]