Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubes??
Does anyone own the ODC Creek company float-tube I that Cabelas carries. If so, does it compare to the fish-cat tubes......it looks like it has more pocket space. Also does it allow for straps on the back so you can hike with it?

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
I have never fished out of the ODC, but have the fish cat. Love it. You may want to post this on the float tubing board. Those guys really can give you a good comparison. [Smile]
[signature]
I have the ODC 420 and love it. Yes it does have d rings on the bottome for back pack straps. The pockets are actually my biggest complaint. And the main thing being that the valves are located in the middle of them. Other than that I love it. I have never owned a fish cat though.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We have quite a few of the BFT tubers over on the float tube board that own the ODC 420. It compares very favorably with the Outcast Fat Cats ($200 more) and for the dollar is probably a better craft than the Fish Cat 4. It is bigger, with a heavier weight rating. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As suggested, it does have some things that may not appeal to some anglers. The pocket configuration was designed for fly flingers...not for warm water anglers with larger tackle boxes. But, you can perform surgery and change the partitions between the pockets to make one large pocket.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If your budget keeps you under $200, that would be my recommendation. If you decide to get one, spend some time on eBay and searching online. Every once in a while you can score some good deals. But, popular craft like that one usually go for good prices. There is competition from other knowledgeable tubers.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tubedude,

I have the fishcat....just the normal version. I mostly fly-fish from it, but I guess I would just like more room for fly boxes, food, clothing. My buddy, who has never had a tube, is going to buy one soon as well.

So for $150.00 to say $250.00, what do you recommend? What is the next fish-cat up from the one I have?

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The Fish Cat 4 Deluxe is the same tube but has an inflatable seat. Not worth the extra in my estimation. Better to upgrade to the Fat Cat. Bigger with bigger pockets.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Doe the fat cat still have back-pack straps and where do I buy a fat cat?

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Back pack straps are "add-on" accessories, and may be purchased in most places that sell the tubes. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You can buy Outcast craft through Cabelas, or directly through Outcast...online.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My recommendation is to buy through [url "http://www.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/category/1607"]RIVERWIRE[/url] (link). They have free shipping. I have bought from them and know others that have too. Their prices are as low as you will find on Outcast products and they are a reputable company that ships quickly.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I though I saw some at Sportman's Warehouse not to long ago. I am rather My wife is know the proud owner of FlyGodess slightly used SFC. At my first assessment they are very nice tubes. I can see why they are so much more money. That being said I will say for the money I prefer the ODC420 over the lower priced Fishcat. I also had the chance to check out FG's and Evilashe's H3's and they are mighty nice looking Tubes. WOW
[signature]
Hey TD,
Could you articulate the difference between a Fat Cat and a Super Fat Cat?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not sure how articulate I can be, but the only difference is the seat. Regular Fat Cat has the hard foam seats. SFC has the inflated seat. The inflated seat is not worth the difference. It is no more comfortable and I have had to repair at least twenty pinhole leaks in mine. The junctions of the seams are really poor quality and fail under pressure. The seat is not a warranty item so TOUGH.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I have heard that from others about the inflateable seats. Both the FC and the SFC Majja bought were the styro seat. The difference between Our SFC and FC is, the FC has mesh behind the seat so it would dissapte the water easier and the ends are rounded instead of points. They are both Urathane bladders, but SFC Halkey Valve and the FC the tube kind..[/size][/black]
[signature]