Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Boat launching
Just to let you all know on the conditions and if you can launch a boat at Willard Bay. First off the reservoir is completely open. The last storm and wind completely took care of any ice on the reservoir. The OFFICIAL approval is that YES you can come up and launch a boat, float tube, kickboat, and any other floating contraption you want on Willard Bay. Also, it is the hope that the dike will get fixed by May 1st. They are still working through some gov't issues but that that is there target date. The only marina that is open is the one at the north entrance. If you saww the south ramp you probably wouldn't try it any ways. The docks are about 6 feet from the edge of the water and from what I have been told the south marina is shallower (even at full capacity) than the north.

Thats what I know now so enjoy.
[signature]
thanks jeff, you da man[Wink]
[signature]
Yes, thank you Jeff. Alot of inquiring minds were wondering these ?'s.
[signature]
Do you happen to know where all the fish are?? [Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
Oh $%!& if we are waiting for some gov't approval we are in big trouble! Hopefully the gov't won't be doing the work, or we won't be fishing that pond again for 3-5 years. I work for the gov't and wow they are slow when it comes t making decisions.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Let us know if you see any action with the big equipment rolling in.
[signature]
Thanks for the update Jeff, sure hope they can get started soon on the repair. Any guess on how far the lake might go up this year if they get the repair done by May 1st?
[signature]
It all really depends on the snow pack. I have heard a prediction of maybe 3 feet. We'll just have tp wait and see.
[signature]
Hey Jeff, does this mean I can launch my 17 1/2 ft. bass boat? Or are you still restricting the size of boats that can launch?

Thanks
DJOLe
[signature]
Launch at you own risk. Just so you know if you breakdown or run aground 2 of our rescue boats are in Salt Lake so all we have to come get you in is a little aluminum Gregor with a 40 hp. My personal opinion is that at this point I would wait. I have heard of alot of people losing props when it was low before.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I got mud on my fins once.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Got it, thanks for the info man!

DJOLe
[signature]