Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got My Bow (pics)
I appreciate all the help from the guys on this forum with my bow... I went down to Utah Archery today and talked to Gerald, he is very good by the way, I highly reccomend him... I was trying to decide whether to go with either the Hoyt Trykon, Vectrix or the Matthews Drenaline... Gerald showed me the three bows and since I am a new archer and don't really know what I want yet I asked him for an educated opinion... it turns out that he shoots the Hoyt Vulcan and absolutely loves it.. that kind of sold me... yes I know, just because he loves it doesnt mean I will love it.. but I got the bow and a rest and a G5 optix sight and a cool quiver and, I LOVE the bow.. I shot about 15 arrows through it and it shot awesome... keep in mind I am a newbie, but there were several other guys in there shooting and there bows were noisy and visibly slower.. I was actually able to keep good groups also... now it's time to practice, practice, practice... by the way, about six months left... check out the pics..
[signature]
Nice Lookin Bow my friend. I have thought about picking up bow hunting. I know that a nice bow like that will set you back as much as a nice rifle will.

All I need is one more thing to do that I dont have time to do[unsure]
[signature]
I think you'll be really pleased with your new purchase. Like you said, practice, practice, practice. You will be amazed at how buck fever will set in with that bad boy standing at 35 yards! Quite the rush.
[signature]
Nothin like droppin a grand or so at the utah archery center, eh?
yeah, I actually spent about 1500 but I got a hard case and a dozen arrows and a release... since I am new to archery I had to get everything.. but I have shot it twice, about twenty minutes yesterday and a half hour today and I should have bought one of these years ago... what a blast...
[signature]
GOOD LOOKING BOW. I SHOOT PSE. HOYT BOWS ARE GOOD STUFF. ENJOY IT.
[signature]