Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be careful/Hello
Hey guys
This is my first try on the Utah post. I have been hanging around the float tube section for a little while and thought I would drop a line over here. I live in the Salt lake area. I do most of my fishing from a float tube. I mostly spin fish. I just started to tie my own flys and to make baitbugs, thanks to Tube Dude. If any one wants to go fishing drop me a email.
This past weekend I went fishing out at Steinaker reservoir.I caught some trout and large mouth bass threw the ice. I got there before first light. I noticed that the water line has gone up about 4ft since I was out there 2 weeks ago. The ice looked thin and soft until you get out to the ice sheet. Needless to say I went though the ice up to my knees.I had to go back to my inlaws to change. SO BE CAREFUL this time of the year when you are out ice fishing. I went back on Sunday morning and saw where more people have gone though the ice and by the looks of it they got alot more wet then I. It could of been worst so again be careful
[signature]
Great advice Tincanfsh. We don't need anyone to try to attempt sub-freezing water polo! Chunk a grapefruit sized rock high into the air, and if it breaks the ice, don't go out!
[signature]
welcome tincanfish, glad to have ya on the bft !

whats your favorite fishing scenario?

sm
[signature]
Hey southernman,my favorite fishing scenario would be fishing Steinaker reservoir just before first light in my float tube with my ugly stick in hand .Flat water on the lake.The sun slowly coming up over the montains. The coyotes in the back ground howling good morning with a big brown trout or big mama bass on the other end of the line with a home made lure , jig or fly in its mouth.
[signature]
Welcome Billy,

Glad to have you posting on the site, too bad we didn't get together on Big Sand Wash Reservoir as we planned earlier.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Kick butt and take names! I like it! Great senario and welcome to BFT Utah![/size][/font]
[signature]
damn thats poetic ! double glad to have ya!

[cool]

sm
[signature]
Welcome aboard . I hope to get out in my float tube more this year . I'll keep you in mind . I planning on hitting Willard soon as it warms up a bit for some eyes or Utah lake . tight lines
[signature]
Hey Hellsangler69,Do keep me in mind for a float tubing trip to willard or utah lake. That is one of my fishing goals for 2003 is to caught some walleyes so i can see what they taste like. I heard that they taste great.
[signature]