Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach access?
Took a little drive out around LB today to check for open water and look at all the piles of ice. As noted by Tube Dude in an earlier post, all of the area north and west of LB is posted and apparently closed to access. The rocky area just past the springs is one of the most popular early fishing areas for walleye and white bass. Looks like there will be no walk-in access to this area this year. Might have to launch a tube or boat at LB and power around to that area to fish.

I'd like to see the DWR or State Parks or someone gain an access path to this area for fishermen. I have no issue with people posting private property for whatever reason but I will miss the easy access to this area from the road or parking area.

Any thoughts on this?? ...printable thoughts??
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]My best guess is that it is merely the landowners exercising their rights. Going back a lot of years, the area has been open during low water years but closed when the water is high. The reason is because of the wording on landowners rights on public waters. Something to the effect that the landowners can control access up to the established "high water mark", but they have no control beyond that point. When water levels drop and leave large areas of exposed shoreline, the landowners must allow easement/access to public use.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You are right about the only way around that being to use a boat, tube or toon. The upside is that floatation fishermen will have a lot of area to fish without interfering with wading anglers or shore fishermen. The downside is that a lot of the productive rocks are too deep for spring spawning activity. A lot of the fish will be looking for love elsewhere around the lake that is not normally flooded enough to provide good spawning.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hint...think WEST SIDE.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
A huge resort is planned for that area just north of Lincoln Beach, and they are very serious about it still. When developers came in proposing Eagle Mountain I was skeptical about that too, but now look at it. This could actually happen, and pretty soon. On the other hand, I can't see any reason to keep fishermen out for now.
[signature]
With the amount of garbage left in the area I am suprised it hasn't happened sooner.
[signature]
Are you referring to the rocky shoreline with the barbed wire fence running to the West? I was hoping to walk around that and do some bowfishing for carp in the shallow water south of the fence.
[signature]
Is the "L" area access closed?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sadly, everything from the fenceline at the north edge of the county park and launch area is closed to all access clear around the lake, past the orchards. Even some of the roadside turnouts along Goshen Bay are now off limits.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The L has long been one of my favorite launch sites for my tube too. The only way to fish it now is by boat or a long kick with a tube or toon.[/#0000ff]
[signature]