Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking hot smoked fish
I finally got time to smoke some of the fish I have harvested this year. With help from all of you BFTer's in regards to process, recipes and general tricks of the trade I was successful. I tried 3 different batches of Trout and Salmon with all of them having good qualities. I then combined what I like about each and I am hot on the trail of having a recipe that suits my tender little taste buds.
I did have a few problems along the way though. After preping the fish and starting the smoking process I decide that I and my boy had time to sneak down to the River and play with a few trout. Needless to say we stayed longer then anticipated and when I got home I had on small rack of Fish Jerky instead of smoked fish. Oops.....[shocked]
Worst part of the day was that I broke my Ultra light rod messing around in the garage before I left, then my I snagged my light rod and broke it on the river. And last but not least I lost my two best river lures. [mad] But I did come home and eat a pound or two of smoked koke, so I felt better.

Bass_turd
[signature]
I am going to start the whole process too next week. I can't wait.
[signature]