Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Tying Partners Needed
I ran this by flyGoddess to make sure it was okay before I posted here. So here it goes.

After spending some time tying flies and realizing there is nothing better than catching fish on your own hand tied flies, I had an epiphany on the river one night. I went home, did some research and could not find what I was after. So, I put a little elbow grease in and created a prototype myself. This is not revolutionary, but I do think it will 1) increase the number of people who want to ties their own flies but don't 2) Benefit all tiers, especially when you are heading out to new pastures 3) Make it easier to tie flies for areas you don't really visit to much 4) Makes a great gift (I had to put this in).

I will not disclose what I have here, but all parties that are interested please PM me and I will forward and NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement) then we can talk.

So what do I need from you? Well your input would be nice. Any suggestions, and your thoughts on how this should be marketed. Right now I am not asking for any money. I would be interested in people who have better contacts that I in the fly fishing world to take some prototypes out and see what the public thinks.

The pay off. Well, should this take off, I would be willing to go 50-50 with someone or if the right people get involved equal splits. The market it huge (espcially in the blue ribbon rivers we hear about) and I think a good money maker for us and sellers.

I hope flyGoddess can vouch somewhat for me not being a looney spammer (I ran the last winter fly swap and contribute here often). Let me know.

katghoti
[signature]