Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 3/4
Hit Scofield from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm with my daughter, Brother, and his daughter. We hiked out to the island and set up the tents over 12" of water. We fished with #12 glow Rat finkies tipped with wax worms 12" down from 1/8 oz silver Kast masters (attractors) right off the bottom.The bit is very light and you have to get right on them to set the hook. We caught 20 fish between us with half of them in the 15''-18'' football class and the rest going 4''-10''. I caught 1 tiger trout that was 15'' the rest were rainbows. The tiger put up quit a impressive fight, looking forward to catching more of them. The ice was just over 2' thick with 8'' of snow on top, no slush yet, but I'm sure thats about to change. Sorry no pics this trip. I'll have to get my wife to show me how to post them.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good time for the kids. How warm did it get? I have a small job to do at the GS this week.
[signature]
thanks for the report and welcome to the board.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Northman and welcome to the site. Sounds like a fun day on the ice even it was 2 ft thick[unsure]. WH2
[signature]
I didn't look at my thermometer, but I was just wearing my T-shirt and levies on the hike back to the truck. The morning however, you could of froze parts off a brass monkey!
[signature]
That sounds like a very respectable late season day on the hard deck. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to BFT.
[signature]
Would there be any problem taking a four wheeler from the east side out to the opposite points or to the island?
[signature]
nice report. Sounds like you did well. I would love to see those pics.
[signature]