Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon Boat
I am in the market for a new pontoon boat so I can rig up a fish finder, plus my bucks bag is about ten years old.. I have been looking at the fishcat panther.. any suggestions or reviews.. specifically I am looking at the four pontoon system in the 8 foot instead of the two pontoon system in the 9 foot...

Has anyone used these four pontoon boats and how did you like them.. I fish mostly lakes but occasionally I fish rivers like the green river in utah.. thanks for the help

[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0040031317457a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=fish+cat&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=fish+cat&noImage=0"]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0040031317457a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=fish+cat&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=fish+cat&noImage=0[/url]
[signature]
I will be honest with you. I have not tried that one yet but I would be inclined to use the multi-chamber over the lesser quantity chambers just for the safety factors in case of a puncture.

I know for a fact that it will be more of a pain to inflate but it looks like a safer version.[cool]
[signature]
Didn't Tubedude purchase a Fish Cat Cougar (which is similar to the Panther in the pic)? As I recall he didn't like the low profile dual chambers. Maybe he could chime in here.

z~
[signature]
I'm not sure if it was the Cougar or the Fish Cat 9. The fishcat Cougar is the first toon from Outcast. Then they came out with the FC9, FC9 lite, FC 9 deluxe and so on....

I'm pretty sure he did get the Cougar. It was the 60lb model. Most of the others are 75lbs on up.

They even have a FishCat 13 that weighs 170lbs!!!!! Yikes!!![shocked]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The Panther is a great toon. I DID have a Cougar long enough to fish it a couple of times and decide I prefered tubing. Just my personal preference.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, Outcast does make good gear and the quad air chambers provide stability, safety and a lower ride than having a single large air chamber on each side.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you are going to float the Green, the Panther is legal (over 9') and will provide a good stable fishing platform.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
If I read the catalog right, the cougar is only 8 feet long.. is there a restriction on the green that limits you to using pontoons that are at least 9 feet long?? if so it sounds like the cougar will not work..
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The Cougar is only 96"...8 feet. There is a restriction of a minimum of 9 feet, so yes/no...the Cougar would not qualify.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That being said, there are still guys going down the green in float tubes and I have not heard of any tickets. Not sure I would chance it though.[/#0000ff]
[signature]