Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of ice
Well the ice fishing is coming to an end for another year, the ice should be off Utah lake by the end of this week if we get a wind...

And Jordanelle and Deer creek should be around 60% to 70% ice free by the end of next week if we get a wind if no wind it could last for maybe 10 days more of fair ice....

The Berry should have good ice until the first of next mouth after that watch your step and be safe....

[signature]
Going to miss ice fishing, but also looking forward to getting back out in my newly-repaired (big bucks[pirate]) boat.
[signature]
I had to miss most of the ice fishing this year do to knee replacement and just now getting around so I can think about some fishing and one big case of spring fish pox.....

[signature]
Cliff, glad you got the joint replacement behind you, now it's time to rehab and hit it hard! Hope your surgery went well.
[signature]
Much better then the one that this one replaced, now its just getting back in shap for fishing.....
[signature]
I have been up in Chicago for the last 5 days and when I got home last night and saw that it was going to be 60 today I was amazed. I guess it really is time to inflate and be ready to play in the soft water. Woo -Hoo.
[signature]
"I guess it really is time to inflate and be ready to play in the soft water"

I agree. I usually like ice fishing as long as possible, but this year I have really been eager lately to get the Fat Cat out on the water and chase some bass.

I have mixed feelings watching the ice disappear. The ice season was good to me when I could go, but after the middle of January, work and welcoming a new baby to my little family [Smile][Smile][Smile] only allowed two trips on the deck and I don't feel I got into it as much as previous years. It's all good though. I do hope to get to Fish lake and Strawberry one more time. Some of my best 'berry trips the last 3 years have been between March 15 and April 15th.
[signature]
I fished about 50 more times on the ice than last year. I am also in a state of Sadness and joy for softwater. I can't wait for the hybrids to become active. Two of the best in the world are right on my back door step. This year i am going to do a double. Tigers till noon and wipers till dark!! Now would somebody dynamite pineview so it can get rid of the ice?[cool]
[signature]
ICE OFF CANT COME SOON ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!
[signature]
I just got back from Lake Powell. 70 degree temperature with 50 degree water. Stripers up the wazoo.
[signature]