Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Ray Roberts guide report
Well, what do you do when you plan a trip and the weather just goes south, LITERALLY ????? You go anyway and do what you can to compensate. That is just what I did. Water temps ran from 44 to 47 and depending on where you are, clarity is from 4" to 1.5'. We did manage to get some bites, even in the bad conditions. Wood cover in 2 to 3ft of water was where we found them. Spinner baits and jigs were the baits of choice. The grass is growing in some areas but it is still short. The first sprig I pulled up my partner could not believe that it was green and growing.

We are still a little early, just try to keep that cabin fever a little while longer and watch for night time temps above 48dg, that is when the water will start to warm the most, and draw these fish to the spring fling.

Speaking of which, come by Bass Pro Shops for their Spring Fling, and I will be at the All Star Rod display, Thursday 3/6 thru Sunday 3/9.

Hope you can come by and say hello.

Till next time

good fishing and GOD BLESS

www.puddlesfish.com
817-563-6674 hm
817-729-6051 cell
[signature]
Hi Pat,

[center]WELCOME TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS![/center]

Would you post this down on the Texas forum?
The Texas board is just starting to gain activity. I am glad to have you aboard.

Thanks for the early report on Ray Roberts. We are in need of some warmer days to get that water temp up abit.

Do you have directions and location for the Spring Fling?

I might try to get up there if time will alow it to meet you and talk fresh water. But I got to tell you I prefer the coastal salt waters.

When you post this to the Texas board take a look at the Free Tournament set for 4/12 that is posted. I would love to have you come on down and play in the salt with us.
Again I say: WELCOME ABOARD!
[signature]
Bass Pro is easy to find. It is on the north end of DFW airport in Grapevine, off hwy121 north at "Bass Pro Drive" exit.
[signature]