Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-Fisherman article on electrical fields
Geez Dennis, I know we've fished together a couple times, but do you think its proper to be asking about my annodes at this stage of our relationship?
Actually they look good. I'm a big believer in those things. I worked oilfield for a while and we welded sacrificial annodes to the gas lines and burried them at every road crossing. I also drilled some deep holes for annodes along the new power lines when IPP was first put on line. They are important and do an amazing job of static charge removal.
Anywho, I know fiberglass isn't a good conductor but,,,guess what? I did some tests. I have continuity between my - battery post and the fiberglass patch on the bottom of my boat. Just barely. I have agood tester. And it says there is some continuity. Whether its enough to scare a fishy,,,hard to say,,,but it is there. I didn't get any continuity on the gell coat, just where fiber is exposed.
I've ruled out the sonar hurting things by not running it and by using side planers. But electrical fields can travel out and as fast as I go. Leaving a trace that might even momentarily freak out fish. Who knows, but this weekend my batteries are more isolated than they have ever been. If I do better than the last few weekends. I might put some more effort into isolating all my elctrical gadgets. Anything is worth a try. We still don't know too much about what makes fish turn on and off. If we did, we could just fish when the fishing is great and never get skunked again.
Hey Dennis, Deer Creek soon?

see ya'll on the water

walleyebob
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [DennisW] In-Fisherman article on electrical fields - by walleyebob - 03-08-2003, 12:45 AM