Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 3/9
Hit deer creek this morning at 0800... fished at rainbow bay... the ice is getting soft around the edges...we made swiss cheese out of the ice.. we must have drilled 30 holes.. we went from 20 feet to 80 feet and back again.. nothing all day.. finally went over and talked to a guy who was fishing right off of the shore.. he had caught about 30... he caught two while I was there.. he told us the trick was to fish in 15 to 20 feet of water (which put you about ten yards off of shore) with a small ice fly and a meal or wax worm.... we moved over to the shore for about ten minutes and then we had to leave... great day, no fish.. maybe next time... AJ
[signature]
hi aj,i was the guy u talked to it was a great day of fishing i got there about 930 walked to the point of the bay drilled about 10 holes nothing, had to dill about 15 more before i found them in 15 - 20' used orange and pink rat finkies with mealmorm and started knocking them dead after a while i moved in closer thats where i talked to you was hoping you guys would catch some i kept getting bites while u were leaving and left right after you. ice fishing at DC is just about over there was only about 8" of ice, slush wasnt to bad yet but by next week u probably wont be able to get on the ice with out a plank.all in all great day. FISH ON
[signature]
hey, thanks for drilling all of those holes! maybe that will bring open water a little sooner! [cool]

good report, sorry you didnt get into the fish there!
[signature]
great to meet you... it was obvious that you have that lake mastered and we dont yet... yeah I think that ice fishing is almost done at DC... time to get out the toon...
[signature]
Every time I have fished DC this year I have only caught fish in ten feet of water. Weather it be on the tracks side or the island I haven't found any number of fish out deep. Others that I've talked to on the ice who have been fishing that lake a lot longer then I have, told me the same thing. Through the ice, the trout and bass cruise the shore line.
[signature]