Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore Lunch at Willard 3-13-07
[cool][#0000ff]The serious fishermen launched early. Utwalleye, Flycasting and yours truly left the ramp by 7:30. Air temp a balmy 40 something and the water up to 45.8. Started powering thorugh the channel for the open lake when I noticed a ranger truck swing through the parking lot and remembered that I forgot to put my pass in the window. (Grits teeth). I kicked in to shore and walked all the way back to my vehicle to put the sticker in. Met up with the ranger later and he said that I didn't need to do that since he recognized my truck. Thanks a lot.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After my late start, Utwalleye and Flycasting were already well offshore. But, a radio check with FC indicated that there had been no action yet. Good enough. I got it started with a couple of quick kitties by about 9. Then the sun came over the top of the mountain and warmed things up as the cool north breeze laid down.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Still no other tubers or tooners. Wimps.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]FC cruised over into the general area in which I was getting bites. He put a couple in his basket as I added a couple more to mine. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Majja and Wasatch801 Launched sometime before 10, but stayed in shallower water for a lnng time. They finally came out to the 10-11 foot water and started getting bit about 10:30. That was also about the time Lunkerhunter2 and djremo came out in the SS LH2. They caught a couple and FC was getting bit before everything shut down about noon and we went in. I think I finished with about 7.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hookjaw Brimhall showed up for the vittles and went out fishign afterward with FC. They will have to post how the afternoon bite went.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All in all, we had 17 fish for 7 diners. Oh yeah, we also fed Ranger Jeff some kitty krispies as a token of appreciation for all the fine work he does for us...both on and off the board. thanks to those who brought salsa, chips, salads and cookies. It all went together well, even though it took a while to cook the fish with my wimpy campstove.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I hate work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Fun times as usual Pat. Good to meet everyone too! [Smile]

The afternoon bite was slower than the morning... managed a couple.

The only speed boat on the lake decided to do his best to get as close as possible to us. [mad] We only stayed about an hour after lunch before bagging it. Wind was also starting to come up a bit.

Spoke to a few guys that had been fishing out of their boat, and they said that they managed a few wipers.

We'll have to get out there and do the lunch thing again... Hopefully we'll be able to invite a few wipers and walleye as the guests of honor next time. [sly]
[signature]
"The serious fisherman launched early"
I'll have you know i had a very important meeting this morning that prevented me from even getting out of bed until 8:30.[sly] Actually, i just had a doc visit to go to and then beet feet to try and make it out before the fun really started. djremo called and said he had got the day off and it was done. I know he had a good time as well as i. Glad to meet some more bfter's and hope this was a taste of things to come.[cool] Thanks again Pat for the kittie krispies. My wife was a little upset when i told her "oh yeah we are having lunch out there with fresh kittie fillets".[Tongue]
[signature]
Sounds like fun... we need to take you up on teaching us some more sometime soon. [Smile]
[signature]
I freaking hate work. I was all packed up this morning to go fishing when my phone ringed. I love the extra money, but today of all stinking days. Oh well. I'll have to try again sometime I guess.
[signature]
Pat,

Thanks for setting this up. You are like a Sun among planets! We all tend to orbit around ya it seems! LOL.... The cat chow was delish I must say....it'd been a long time since I had fresh kitty! MEOOOOOWWWW! [Tongue] Next time I'll bring the big pot and burner and we really can get a FIRE goin! Great to see old faces and meet some new ones too. Hope we can do it again sometime!

Now to tend to my sunburn.... AHHHH SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!!![cool]

Kevin
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Are you guys about ready to come out of hibernation?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lots of fishing just getting started. Let me know when you are ready to resume classes.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nothin' pers'nal ol' buddy. Just funnin' on ya. I know you would have been first one there if you could have. There is probably no more dedicated (demented) angler on BFT. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you guys could make it and thanks for the contributions. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We will definitely have more "opportunities" to gather and float. And, the next time we include shore lunch in the plans I will DEFINITELY bring my "industrial strength" cooking setup.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No reason why we can't have our own mini wiper tournaments, to include categories for "other species". Nothing formal, fancy or frivolous...just fishing and fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That souds like fun.

One stipultion tho... No chub minnows for Pat. That "MIGHT" even the odds a bit. LOL. [Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I don' need no steenking chub minnows to whup yer butt.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Remember, I know how to fish plastics too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS...I also gots some shiner minners and some carp meat. I am a "multi bait" triple threat tuber.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You want a piece of me? Bring it on and bring yer lunch. Oh, by the way, thanks for the breakfast sandwich. Still didn't help ya much.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 3]I hope to buy a pontoon in the next month to hang out with you guys at the floatillas. Looks like you had a blast![/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Looks like you had fun. The Floatilla picture is classic -- it looked like they were filming Waterworld II [pirate].
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Better get two...if ya know what I mean. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Toons are great for finding the big splake at M-lake. Hint hint.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Haha.... [Tongue]

We could do a plastic only tourney.... as long as I get some of yor jig heads. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]With or without hooks?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I always buy in two's or I dont get one!
[signature]
Hey TubeDude R we almost ready for that Walleye catch? Mactuna & I can't wait!! Nansea[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, I was just thinking about you guys. I am making an exploratory trip Friday and again Sunday to Lincoln Beach. The walleyes are probably waiting.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As soon as I score some fillets...or we go together and score some...I will fire up the cooker and show you what all the fuss is about.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know what your schedules are and we will "hook up".[/#0000ff]
[signature]