Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 3-13
Went to Pineview today, wasn't sure of what the conditions would be so I took my tube and my ice stuff. Got there around 1 or so and ice fished the north side of the narrows. Was getting into them pretty good and then all of a sudden it just died and they never came back, maybe a tiger muskie came in and chased them around? Anyways it was getting really warm and I was worrying about the edges so I decided to go back, good thing I did because when I got there the 13' plank was almost to the edge of the ice! The ice actually broke as I was nearing the shore but luckily I had waders. So after that I decided to throw the tube in up around Anderson Cove and caught quite a few until it got near dark. All in all ended up with 12 on the ice and 23 on the tube, I was using a green and white glow jig tipped with a worm the whole time. I wouldn't suggest ice fishing now as there is between 10-15 feet of open water everywhere ya go but the east end is good for tubers.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I can see the tigers now!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. I'm sure a lot of us tubaholics are looking forward to some soft water action.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also glad you didn't wait any longer to get off the ice. It can disintegrate pretty fast in warm weather and what was good going out can be nasty on the return.[/#0000ff]
[signature]