Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
[Smile] Fished Willard today it was a beautiful day for fishing the catching was really slow. My partner caught one catfish myself zip. Water was real cloudy. Tried everything in the box. Maybe next time. I found a good recipe for fish I'll share it for those who want it. You need one pound of white meat fish,six limes,one grapefruit,one white onion,one cup tomatoes,1/4 cup celantro,two cerano peppers. Cut fish up in real small pieces,chop the onion,tomatoes,celantro and cerano peppers, Squeese the juice out of the limes and grapefruit. Put everything in a glass bowl and refridgerate for 24 hrs and then enjoy.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Magaman, did you have any problem launching your boat? Thanks for sharing the recipe, sounds like some interesting ingredient, I'll have to give it a try. WH2
[signature]
[Tongue]Sounds Yumy[Tongue] Could a person lanch a 14 1/2 foot boat, I have a jet powered boat and it floats on 6-8" of water (Bass boat) would like to fish willard next week or a soon and how was the water I herad very low.
IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS WILLARD INFO LET US KNOW. [laugh]
[signature]
You will be fine. And a 14 1/2' boat will be ok just watch for shallow areas.
[signature]
So you think my tracker Pro-V 16 footer would fit nicely in the unloading/loading area as long I watch for the shallows?

Where are the shallows... it sounds like someone mentioned doomsday shallows...
[signature]
Hey
I was up there with Magnaman in my boat, I have a Tracker 16 1/2 Deep V also, and we launched beautifully, no problems at all, plenty of water in the channel, You'll be good!
Also talked to Magnaman today and his buddy caught a bunch of Wipers trolling cranks by the lightpole... What that means for the rest of us is yet to be seen...
[signature]
ive, never fished willard. Is fishing off the shore any good?
[signature]
is there at least 3 ft coming out,i know ya have to be careful,i need around 3 ft in my boat.thanks
[signature]
There is a hump about 3/4 of the way out of the channel that comes up to 3' and a few inches. As of tuesday they were still letting water out so it is a crap shoot as to what it is now.
[signature]
Hey Paul, how you been? I would listen to the guys that have been out there like LH2 and Apocalypse. Knowing your boat, my opinion would be that you would have no problem as long as you continue straight out the channel for at least two hundred yards. Remember there are rock islands on you right and a huge sand bar on your left so go slow. Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Hey WH2, doing good, been busy with work and family matters. I havent fished for five or six months because of that (thanks to my graduating with a official degree which takes away my fishing time and my fishing buddy has been real sick) and want to get back into my favorite activity!

So just how deep is the bay right now with the water disappearing?

Any more water leaving the bay? Or is it starting to get filled up now with the spring run off yet?

I appreciate those answers! I need to get into wipers to wipe away those cobwebs and stress brought on by the events of my life...
[signature]
After watching a bald eagle on the web cam for most of an hour. An older gentle man launched successfully. looked like a 16 to 18 foot boat. Eagle hunting with the web cam at willard is a challenge but they are there.
[signature]
When we were up there on Tuesday and talking with the CO he said that they were probably only going to let in about 3 ft total this year. Or at least that is the word on the street.
[signature]
Willard from the shore can be really tough. If you are targeting wipers, they move around quite a bit, so when the school come thru, it can be really hot... It's just a crap shoot whether they come thru or not.

Catfishing can be good from shore using standard methods. [Smile]
[signature]
I remember you saying you graduated last year and was thinking I would be hearing a lot more fishing reports from you but never did. I'm not sure I could go for that many months without doing any fishing[unsure]. Hopefully your fishing partner is better and ready to get out there for some fishing because this warm weather is getting the fish turned on early this year. If you remember how Willard was in those two low water years, you have a good idea how it is now. The deepest water is the West side of the bay and there has been two reports of people catch ten or more wipers so far this year. The walleye reports are not as good so far but I'm sure that will change as the spawn starts. They won't be filling the bay until after the repair is finished around the first of May, so what we have now is all we get until then. Good luck if you get out there and enjoy the stress relief[cool].
[signature]