Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archery Sight Question
ok, I have a question I hope you guys can help me with.. I just got into archery and so I purchased a new boy and a G5 optix sight.. I use this sight with a peep attached to my string (I am sure you guys know this)... my sight pins come in from the right... so when I am looking at the sight the end of the pin is at the farthest left... so with this kind of sight do you guys shoot it like a blade/post sight you would have on your gun... where you center the pin in the peep and then what you would hit is just to the left of the pin???? or should it be just on top of the pin ?? or like a 3 dot system where I should center the pin and then I should be hitting right behind the pin??? thanks guys... AJ
[signature]
Good questions. You should center the pin in your peep, and your point of aim/impact should be where the dot on the pin is. Not above, left, or below, just right at center of the dot. Put that dot where you want to hit!

Another tip while sighting in, don't chase a hole. Adjust to your group. Don't try to fine tune untill you've been shooting for a couple of months. That way you will be in shape, have a little habit to your shot, and you will be more consistant with your shot placement.
[signature]
yeah I agree.. I dont want to chase my group all over so I am trying to be as consistent as possible.. I was shooting today and found that I was much more consistent when I put the center of the target just to the left of the pin, kind of like putting the center of the target just on top of your blade on a rifle sight... that allowed me be more consistent horizontally... of course it moved my group to the right.. it also gave me a little better peripheral vision.. so I thought maybe I should be shooting this way... I just dont know enought to know what I dont know yet
[signature]
If it works for you, I say go for it. There is no written law that says you have to shoot an exact way. I went with very fine pins, so not much gets covered up, but if you shoot better just to the side, and it becomes a habit, then don't hesitate to keep shooting that way.
[signature]