Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SERIOUS fishermen..
I'm just new here but, MUSKY'S are FISH,..all other fish are bait. [course I have'nt been ocean fishing,..I live in illinois][Wink]
[signature]
Hey talkbox

Bait up with these boys and see how long before ya catch a musky[sly]

[Image: fdb70514.jpg]

Now we are talking serious fishing.
[signature]
holey moses ! i wouldn't mind fishing for thoes cats in any kind of weather ! cool fish !
[signature]

Hi there talkbox,

Yikes, about 1 year ago I caught a nice four pound fast water catfish. Ya, I lipped him in the best Jimmy Houston style you ever saw on TV. I had him, no he had me! I had to have a friend pull on that fish to keep him from breaking my thumb and half my hand.

Buddy was laughing so hard, it was hurting bigtime, and still took 3 or 4 minutes to convince it to turn loose. If I hadn't planned to release it, I would have stabbed it to death in a battle to the death to get it off my hand.

What would those cats do to ya? Those muskies look mean. Here in California, we have our Pacific Barricuda but they are a smaller version of the South Pacific and the Atlantic Barracuda.

tsurikichi
a.k.a.JapanRon
[signature]
Katfish: Are these for real? What would they weigh? Again, we know they didn't come from California. How were they caught etc!
[signature]
George

Yes they are real. Three are over 50 pounds and one is over 60.

There are other places beside California[Wink]

I caught them all on rod and reel. They were released after weighing and photos.
[signature]
we used to have some pretty big muskies in the old detroit but i haven't heard of any taken out in a while , there mostley around the lake st. clare area for the big ones . i just found a small lake west of here last fall that boasts of having some , i'll have to check it out .
how do you rig for them ?
[signature]
I sometimes use live bait with a big bobber about 3 feet in depth., but here...in Spring Lake ...a bright red rapala or simmilar bait is a great producer.

Try something just red red red. It sure works here. Good luck [i need it for muskies]
[signature]

Hey there Katfish,

Nice Cats. Family lived in Oklahoma and we fished the Washita River and it had some huge catfish too. 20-30lb'ers were common enough, but these guys!!! Hope you caught 'em and had the fun.

I saw on 'The fishin' Hole' the other day where down in Alabama or at least the Deep South an area had a tradition of having hollow logs submerged and then later came and poked in the log with a stick and then their hands to feel if a catfish was making it his home. If so, they got the fish, even if they had to chop the log apart it get it. Sounds like scary, hard work to me. ha ha ha

Congrats on the Cats!

tsurikichi
JapanRon
[signature]
yes scarry , one big snapping turtle and your nickname is automaticlly " stubbs or stubby !
[signature]