Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A day at the range
Finally got up to the range yesterday with the new HMR. For an out of the box gun, it really shoots quite well. Most groups were right around MOA, but I got a couple of 5 shot sub MOA groups, with this one being the best, it is under 1/2 inch at 100 yards! My gun seems to like ammo from Hornady and Federal. The Winchesters I shot, seemed to not be as consistant.
[signature]
SWEET!That looks to be a great bunny gun,
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]That's awesome! Looks like it's definitely going to be a fun gun to shoot.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Nice grouping Brandon. Which range did you do this at?
[signature]
It was down at the Bountiful Lions Club range...up by the B on the mountain. It's a great range, and it's open every day for public shooting. If you've never been, it is a constant fire range, so that is nice. They also have 200 yard targets, a pistol range, and several trap ranges.
[signature]
Sounds nice. Guess I'm gonna have to make a trip down and check it out.
[signature]
[Wink]
[signature]
How exactly do you get to that range. I've been up to the B riding my 4 wheeler but I never knew there was a range up there.
[signature]
That's really tough to describe, but I'll do my best. As you are still on pavement, drive past the B going north (I think it's the closest paved road by the B). The road is narrow there, then it widens back out and has curb and gutter when you get to more houses, the road then takes a switchback to the south east, don't take the switchback, just keep going strait. The road will immediately turn to a dirt road, just keep heading south for about 3/4 mile or so (the road is a little windy), and you will go right to the range.
[signature]
It is where they have the Bountiful Lions Turkey shoot every year. I am sure you could get written directions if you google that. Not that Brandon's won't get you there but it will have street addresses.
[signature]