Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help on willard!
Me and a friend are going to hit willard bay tomorrow in our float tubes. I have only been there once and he has never been there. He is a bass fisher man so we are going to try and get some whippers and if that does not work i know how to get cats so we will do that. Could someone tell me where to go and what to use for whippers? Thanks for any help in advance!
[signature]
Actually , it's a bit early to be catching Wipers. You may get one or two, but that bite won't really turn on until the summer months. You might want to try a small Castmaster about anywher on Willard.

AFDan52
[signature]
They can be caught, but they are tough this time of year. I would fish smaller white/pearl jigs very slow under a bobber.

Good luck... Let us know how you do. [Smile]
[signature]
ill be out there tomorrow too hope to see ya there!black and red pontoon if i can get it to work this time[Tongue]
[signature]
Aright. thanks for the help. but plans have changed from tubes to a raft. He ended up not buying one today so we are going to use our raft. sure wish he would have got one tho.
[signature]
As Fly casting said, try small jigs under a bobber or cast and use a slow retrieve with a Maniac Minnow in two or three inch. shad colors usually work best. Offset that light color with a brighter jig head like orange or chartreuse.
Good luck!
James
[signature]
Well being teenagers and wanting to sleep in a little bit and get our rest from baseball all week we left here at about 10:20. got on the water at about 11:20. i started with some chicken liver with a bobber and a small white tube jig on the other pole. My bobber went down after about 15 minutes and missed him. switched my jig to the same cat rig and tossed out. that one went down a couple minutes later and i got a 18 inch cat. Not very big so i put him back. That was all the action we got today[Sad] i guess its alright tho not knowing where to go and not having a boat.
I will def be back this year
[signature]