• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures from the South marina of Willard
We did not go into the marina it looked too shallow. WH2
[signature]
[cool][#0000bf]Good pics of a bad situation.[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]What kind of depth is left in the channel?[/#0000bf]
[signature]
Thanks for the pics Curt. I was going to do the same recon with my little boat this week but you saved me the trip.
[signature]
thanks for the pic's Curt, you know what might be worth while doing, is going up to willard with a gps and mark some of them unknown spots. later chuck
[signature]
I did the same thing last week with my boat. It really got shallow at the dog leg going into the marina. Less than 2ft in spots. Mark anything in the main channel?
[signature]
The channel is plenty deep around six or seven feet. That is because of the dredging, if you get on either side of the dredged area it comes up to two or three feet. The dredged area goes out to around 100 yds or so but it comes up quick if you get out of the channel. We were hoping to mark some fish in the channel but nothing.
[signature]
I see that here have been alot of dump trucks on the dike. Has anyone heard what kind of progress they are making on the repairs? I sure hope they can get it all wrapped up in a hurry!
[signature]
Curt There is a bunch of shallow water west of the south marina channel. The fish are there. Big lake little time to search. Want to hit it early Friday Morning. Be done by say 1. See if Ira wants in. The boat is good to go. Dan
[signature]
Looked like they been working on it some . Some yellow iron (dozers) park there last saturday .
[signature]
Sad to see again after a couple of good years. Did you happen to see if they were actually doing any work yet?
[signature]
I wanted to get close up view and some pictures of the construction area but we never got close enough. Just like Randy said the equipment is there but they haven't started removing any of the dike except for the road to drive down and back out. It does look like they have hauled in a lot of fill dirt. I'm not sure if it is part of the repair or if they are going to use it as a coffer(SP?) dam but that is where the heavy equipment was parked. They have raised the ground level, inside the dike, about 3 feet in the area where they hauled the dirt into. That is all I could see but hopefully we will get a better idea what they are going to do soon.
[signature]
If you stay in the middle of the channel there is nothing we marked that was less than 3 ft and that is with a transducer that is a foot below the water level, so it should be at least 4 ft deep. If you go left or right be very careful, right(North) rock islands, left(South) big sand bar. Saw a boat get stuck on the sand bar because they cut it too sharp. If you take it slow for at least 100 yds there should be no problem.
[signature]