Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek?
Does anyone know what has been working as far as bait at Lost Creek. I would really like to catch some Kokes. If anyone has some good advise or good spots let me know. I Will post how Hook Line And Sinker and i do when we get back.
[signature]
I do not believe Lost Creek has any Kokanee Salmon in it. As for the trout, standard ice gear, tipped with meal/wax/crawlers has been really productive for lots of small sized rainbows. Good luck when you go out.
[signature]
Went there Friday A.M. Started at 8:30 and quit at 11:15. Caught 30 10-13 inch rainbows and 2 12 in cutts. Went to the boat ramp then to the first rock point on the right. 25 ft deep with 12" of ice 2-3 cranks off the bottom if you got down that far. About 2 feet of soft ice on the edges and some 3 in. of slush on the ice. We used anything small with chartreuse on it - ice flies or jigs. We use crawlers. Lotsa fun especially for my friend's 8 yr. old boy. It's a great place with not very much water. Went to Causey after that and had 5 "swim by" hits. 12 inches of ice there, too.
[signature]
hi chincheck no kokos in lost creek the closest place to there you are going to find them is causy reservoir east of pineview
[signature]
Years ago there use to be kokes in East canyon but I haven't heard of anyone catching them in a long time. Has anyone else caught kokes from East canyon? WH2
[signature]
[angelic] [font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] The last I was up there, I was using two to three waxworms at a time on a Ratfinkee ice fly. When that started to slack off, I switched to using a tiny little ball of Chartruse PowerBait about the size of a pencil eraser. I couldn't keep bait on the hook for they were taking it as fast as I could g put it on.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Someone had told me that there were Kokes in Lost Creek but i guess they were wrong. Well i had a horrible day i had about 30 bites and lost them all. I have a really hard time setting the hook. Hook Line and Sinker from this message board caught about 8 or 9 using a white jig tipped with orange power bait.
[signature]
Hey WH2, many years ago I used to catch Kokes from east canyon, but I don't think the spawning conditions in the fall sustained the population. I haven't heard of anyone catching them for at least 8 or 10 years.
[signature]
Yea, it's been about that amount of time since I caught one last, too bad they did not make it.
[signature]