Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warming up Willard
Wiperhunter2 and Wiperslayer joined me on Friday for a shot at catching some of those silver bullets. It was slow but we did catch one nice one. It was the only one but these fish really get under a fishermans skin. Today my wife joined me and we manage 4 more and a big old carp. My dog watches Jimmy Houston and really enjoys the fish too. So if you kiss any wipers just remember our dog Joey may have already got a slurp on them first. Also sounds like they may be far enough along with the dam repair to start adding water. A big thanks for the hard work and effort to get the job done. 3 feet of water will be a big help. Dan
[signature]
[#008000]Nice catchin,.....How big is your boat and did you have any problems?[/#008000]
[signature]
22 foot. Jet boat. Going out the north marina just past the blue barrel laying on the shore on the left there is a hump across that area. Get a little momentum and raise your prop if you are worried. Many boats of all types are launching out of the north marina. But Willard is notorious for wreaking props when it is low so go with caution and always have fun. Dan
[signature]
Way to go Dan, sounds like going back out there today worked out for you. Did you try any casting today?
[signature]
We kicked back and trolled. But a fairly large group of bass and walleye boats were jigging. Saw some fish being pulled in on those boats also. The water was a little warmer today and I think that helps. Bankers hours fishing. See that FG post. May have her convinced to do our aniversery at FG going for Macks. She wants to go to Milner for bass but I think it may be too early. Besides those big fish there are a thrill of a life time to catch. Dan
[signature]