Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 3/9/03
Myself and one other person went to strawberry today to see if the fishing had improved. I had my hole drilled around 7:45 and fished till a little after noon. My buddy caught 3 and I landed 12, and a few that managed to free themselves under the ice. Of those we caught 2 were rainbows, and the rest cutts, with the majority of them running 19" long. This was probably my best day at Strawberry this year. I look forward to future years of monsterous fishes. There was 18"+ of ice, then a slush layer of about 2-3" and then a foot of snow on top of that.
[signature]

[Smile]nice day on the berry glad to see you had fun.
[signature]
Thats sounds like a pretty good day at the Berry, Where did you catch them at and with what? I went monday the 10th and fished east Jakes bay drilled 6 holes seen plenty of fish on my flasher but only two takers and the rest just wasn't hungry I guess? I tryed just about everything I could think of but just real finicky that day!
[signature]
We were sort of over by the marina, but to divulge more than that wouldn't be fair to my other friends that frequent that exact spot. We only drilled 7 holes that day between the two of us, but my first hole was the most productive. We were both using tube jigs with meal worms. My buddy was using smely jelly on his, but didn't seem to help much. The big secret was to keep the jig dancing. I found that when I would go for a few minutes without a hit, that if I grabbed my line and did a jiging thing, a big hit would follow. I don't know how much longer the ice will hold out up there, but I hope at least till next weekend.(who knows with this weather) I want to go one more time!

Justin
[signature]