Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon walleye tourney
There was a walleye tourney today... it was a small tournament where one guy only caught one 7.5 pound walleye and won! (Walleye Bob, I know you were out at Lincoln/Bird Island, you should have been in the tourney and it would have been easy cash for you!)

I saw Tomegun, there along with Clif... there were a few older men there but didn't know their names.

I had some boat problems while trying to launch out of Provo harbor going over to Lindon. My boat started, and ran for a minute and half when it died... it wouldn't start again! (Grrrrrr... it was a pair of gasoline-soaked sparkplugs) I sended up using my pair of electric trolling motor to fish the Provo River dikes... no luck at all!

I note that provo harbor in areas are very shallow 2-3 feet, so practice caution.

I left Provo Harbor to go over to SS marine, and luckily for me a mechanic on duty was able to spot the culprit (sparkplugs), and had me on my way to Lindon very happy angler!

It was about 1 pm when I finally got in Lindon harbor, and since I was very late, I did not enter the contest. I went trolling hard... had two bites, and finally a small walleye (15 inches). Seems that most of the anglers were frustrated... I suspect that the water temp (42 degrees) had something to do with it.

Two more weeks when the weather heats up so will the walleyes!

Clif (tourney director) mentioned that he would have another walleye tournament in two weeks, so watch for his annoucement. The next tournament should prove to be very very interesting![cool]
[signature]
Hey walleyepaul, I would have lost. I caught one walleye about the same size as the winning fish(mine was 25 1/2"), but I didn't catch it until 5:30. The walleye turned on up shallow at about 2:30 or so. I saw about five or so caught in the shallows and headed over to my favorite spot. Caught mine in 5.8 feet on a curly tail. Had one other good hit
The trollers didn't get a bite. I knew guys in three boats pulling hardbaits and none of them got a bite.
I know a few folks who will be outoday. I'm going to stick with the shallow water and lose lots of jigs.
I'll post a report.

walleyebob
[signature]
Thanks for the report you guys, it sounds like the walleye fishing is starting to pick up as the spawn gets closer. Hopefully Willard will start with the walleye action this week,
I've heard one report of some action but Willard is usually a few weeks behind Utah lake. WH2
[signature]
[purple][size 2]Nice to meet ya again Paul. I wanted to go down to Lincoln Beach, but that skinny water scared me to death. Linden boat harbor went from 1.4 to 3 feet deep. After hearing all the prop tragdies from last(and screwing my up at the Gorge) year, I ran my trolling motor out a half mile out of the entrance before starting open the big engine(in 3.5 feet). I went up to Saratoga entrance and had to lift my trolling motor up a little to manuver around. The deepest I saw was 6 1/2 feet deep. This scares me death.[/size][/purple]

[#800080][size 2]Methinks, I'll go to LB on tueday afternoon and throw some curly tails. After that, I'll stay east to the resuviors and their deep water. [/size][/#800080]
[signature]