Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek what a blast!
Got a late start today and got on the water at 9am. First 15 minutes it was non stop we couldnt keep them off our lures. I started out with a nice 24 inch brown which put up a great fight! Then it was bows all day long. Caught them on everything we could troll with. Even tried lures that i thought wouldnt work and i was wrong. Man it was hassle catching all those fish trolling so we decided to jig .As we started to jig the wind came so we trolled again. Same results only the catching was not as fast .The last hour we caught only 14 bows.I trollled crankbaits for a possible eye and only caught bows. My brother in law had same results. There was not that many boats out there and i was surprised .Especially this time of year. The main killer lure for today was a green with blackdots rapala.We started out with pop gear and worm and that became a hassle because the bows were hitting the worm constantly. Average size were 16 -19 inches for the bows .Once again i forgot my digital camera. I need to get me a spare camera and keep it i the boat![Tongue] [signature]
[signature]
How was the wind at DC? I was up at Jordanelle cruisin' around, didn't do much fishing. The w... was blowing all over Jord. I couldn't find a calm spot, nothing serious but still a pain in the... tail. Water was cold, I didn't see anybody catch anything.
[signature]
Tis the season the ice is of and the trout are prowling! Sounds like and incredible day! Thanks for the report!
[signature]
I can't wait to get out on Deer Creek, and your report just made it worse! If you had taken a camera I am almost sure I would catch the fishinflu tomorow! THANKS! [Wink]
[signature]
There was no wind till about 11 am then it just blew us all over the place while we were jigging. I even tried anchoring up and we just kept spinning because the wind kept changing directions. It didnt let up till i loaded the boat up ![Tongue] The fish were very active and in big schools everytime we passed a school we got hit sometimes doubles.
[signature]