Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfishing The Bear
I went to the bear river today with my dad and little sister about a mile below Cutler Dam

there was a fair amount of wind but my dad and my little sister each cought a 1-2Lb. Catfish nothing huge but big enough to eat I had a few bites but it was difficult to tell the difference from the wind and a bite. We only fished about two hours i think we could have done better if we had more time to fish.

GOOD FISHIN![Wink]
[signature]
[#ff0000]Cheers! and hey, whats the best access to the area down from the dam? Is that ancient boy scout bridge still passable, or even still exist? That's the only way I know of even getting close without wandering through private property. I've never fished there but am always ready to try something new. Is there anything else besides catfish to tackle there? Many thanx.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Access can be tricky there is a lot of private land but most of the land owners will let you fish on their property if you can find thier house to ask them, thats where I fish is on private property. As for a boy scout bridge i'm not sure where that is.
[signature]
OH! I forgot ive caught a few walleye before and seen a few trout cought but i think the majority of fish is catfish.
[signature]
What is your bait of choice to fish the Bear? I've had good luck with pieces of carp in the past.
[signature]
I usually use worms but last saturday they were biting on sucker meat.
[signature]