Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you only have two hands

Hi MasterJigBuilder and all,

I have no stock in the company but I found a cool product at the Fred Hall show that will save you money. It's called the '3RD grip' pole holster or holder. I've alredy played with mine and for a guy that shore and especially beach fishes it great. You can put it on your leg, waist or even backpack to free up your hands to take off a fish, whatever.

It's got an extra, long strap that you can use to attach it to a float tube too. That's another reason I bought it. Plus you can put something else besides a pole in it if you want.

FYI

tsurikichi
JapanRon
[signature]
Where can I find something like this? I've had it in my mind to look for something like what you just described or make one of my own.
[signature]

hi there DrownedDesertRat,

Here's the scoop on the 3RD Grip rod holster.

Their website: www.3rdgrip.com
Their email: service@3rdgrip.com
Their Toll Free Phone: (866)407-4747

Mine cost 19.00 at the show. I think they have a new model out with pliars and other tool slots. Get the new model if you can.

This should help.

JapanRon
[signature]
I've seen those, they look like a great helper. When wading, I'm usually putting the rod but into my lower vest pocket or vest latch. If there was a way to get it higher, i'd get one..

With the beverage holster on one side, and the rod holder on the other, that leaves two hands free to swat bugs.
[signature]

Hi there robfishon,

Sounds like you're pretty organized. Your comments made me think. I do lots of kinds of fishing but one type I have done very rarely, this is in part why I have lived to a ripe old age of 53, is wading! Not only do I find the slickest rock within a 10 meter radius, but all other rocks within a foot or so are even slicker, deeper and water there has the highest cfp second along a givin strech. One hand for the wading stick and the other to wildly flail in the air while sliding down the stream would be excellent sport.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Ron,

I've taken tumbles, and every year i say i should get a wading staff.. Most of the areas i wade, i know the bottom contours and depths less then 4 feet. I think this year i might get one. It was a long winter, and i'm a little rusty getting the waders wet. With a semi clear water, i do pretty well. You are right, its not the depth, but the cfs that can get you wading...
[signature]