Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAR LAKE CONDITIONS/REPORT Thurs. 3/29/07
[/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Bear Lake Report for Thursday, March 29, 2007. With the extremely warm temperatures and wind the last week, Bear Lake is now about 95% open water. There are a few large sections of pack-ice that are floating around. Boat can be launched at the Utah State Park marina, First Point ramp and Cisco Beach ramp. The Rainbow Cove ramp still has a lot of ice piled up on the shoreline which is preventing launching at that location. Even with launching at the marina, you may still have to navigate through some floating ice just outside the marina so it is advisable to be extremely cautious. Some of the ice chunks can be quite thick and can damage boat hulls and motor lower units. [/font][/size][/url]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]There has been no fishing pressure this past week and therefore there are no fishing reports from the lake. Once the ice comes off, the fishing should be very good for cutthroat trout trolling in the shallows where the water warms the soonest. Try trolling along mud lines where there darker water meets the clear water parallel to shore. Other good spots to try would be off the stream mouths at Swan Creek, Fish Haven and St. Charles Creek. Be aware of any posting for closures in these areas...check your fishing guides. Remember a Utah license is valid on the Idaho side of Bear Lake, but you may NOT use a second pole when fishing on the Idaho side of the lake. Idaho license holders are only able to use one fishing pole on either side of the lake this year. For those interested the GPS coordinates for the new rockpiles using WGS84 datum going from south to north are:[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.097’[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.682’[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.187’[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.728’[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.292’[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.765’[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]41 degrees 58.418’[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]111 degrees 23.798’[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The latest fishing report is also available on line at: [/size][/font][url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/detailed.php?id=1"][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/detailed.php?id=1[/font][/size][/url]
[signature]
SAAAWEEET!!!!!

I might just bring my toon up this weekend, if not then at least I can cast a lure from shore now.

Thanks Scott
[signature]
Thanks Scott, I have been waiting to here this news!! Come on Saturday!!!!!M.H.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Scott, do you think those big chunks of ice will be gone by next weekend?
[signature]
one good wind and they will all be up on shore in an hour. I bet they will likely be gone by this weekend. I'm planning to hit the lake on Saturday a.m.! As of this afternoon (Thurs) there is only about 30 yards of the pack-ice/slush in front of the Utah State park marina.
[signature]