Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Skunk at Willard
Fished Willard Bay today, launched at the north marina, no trouble. Must have found a school, we caught 6 wipers, no walleye. We were using Producers and jointed Rapalas. On the east side out in 10 ft of water. 2 mph, did not pick up any fish in less than 10 ft of water. Water temp was 45 deg.
[signature]
Way to go Kevin, I new you could find the Wipers out there. Got tied up at the archery range for 8 hrs. of range clean up and setting out our 3D course today, I figured you couldn't stand it any longer and would have to knock the cobwebs out of the Glastron this weekend.[cool]
[signature]
How big is your boat? I was wondering about launching mine up there next weekend but the low water has got me scared.
[signature]
Good on you! my luck was not so good out there from shore. I fished the east dike for an hour then drove to the west dike with no luck today.
[signature]
Nice report Kevin, thanks for posting it. Sounds like the water temps have really dropped in the last Week, we were seeing 56* last weekend. Sound like you found them in the same area we did last weekend. Those walleye sure are being closed mouth so far this year, sure hope it picks up after the spawn. Were there lots of boats out the today/yesterday?
[signature]
fsh4funo5, my boat is 21 ft. I measured the draft at the stearn at 19 inches. The outboard is 36 inches from the water line down. Go slow and watch your depth finder. There are no docks by the ramp so you have to beach the boat for loading and unloading. Hope this helps.
[signature]