Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea foam question
I have been reading these board for about a year now and keep reading about how good this stuff is. And I was thinking that this is something I should be running every know and than in my Harley? Any input would be great.

Thanks
Matt
[signature]
Thats a good idea, anything that sits for months at a time with the gas not being used up would benefit from using Sea Foam. It cleans the carbs and stabilizes the fuel so it doesn't brake down as fast. Some people don't worry about it in 4 cycle engines they just use it in their two cycle motors but it is worth while even if you use the Chevron type gas. Fuel that sits for two weeks or longer starts to brake down, no matter if it is a two cycle mixture or not. When fuel brakes down it leaves a varnish and the longer it sits the worse it gets. Hope this helps. WH2
[signature]
Yea it helps alot. I usually try to start my bike atleast once a week in the winter but that does not allways happen. I think I will get some and run it in a few tanks.

Thanks
[signature]
You can't go wrong with that stuff.I use it in everything even in my 2006 mega cab.I have used it over any other fuel stabilizers for winter storage or even during the summer,it removes water from gas better than anything else.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Heck, it will even put hair back on a balding head! Stuff's amazing! LOL![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I thought that I caught a whif of Sea Foam up on the ice at Bear Lake. I figured it was from your ice auger that you graciously loaned me to drill a couple holes, but then again maybe it was from another source (LOL).[Wink]
[signature]
wiperhunter2, I have been mixing Stabil in my gas, is Sea foam the same basic stuff to keep gas from breaking down?
[signature]
Seafoam IS a fuel stabilizer, but it goes a step further and is also a good decarbonizer as well as lubricant.

I put it in an old car I aquired and it never run right afterwards. I replaced the fuel filters, O2 sensors etc. I don't know what I fouled up but....... the tranny eventually took a dump and the car found its way to the scrap yard.
I do know, however, that it makes two strokes very happy.
[signature]
AS I'VE SAID BEFORE YOU ARE BETTER OFF USING BG 44K. I HAVE USED BOTH THERE'S NO COMPARISON. 44K IS MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU WILL ONLY NEED TO USE IT ONCE. BMW OF SLAT LAKE TOLD ME THAT THEY USE IT IN EVERY BIKE THAT COMES IN FOR A TUNE UP. IT ALSO HAS BEEN REFERED TO ME BY MY MECHANIC FOR AUTOMOBILE USE.
[signature]
Where can I get it?Have not run accross it in SLC
[signature]
Hey Mike how you been? You can buy [url "http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUp.htm"]Sea Foam[/url](SF) at any Napa or Checker Auto store, other stores carry it but those are the two I buy it from.
For those of you that want more information about SF, check out the link. SF does clean carbs and jets as I and many other know and have proven. Will another product work as well, that I can not tell you but I'll continue to use SF until I find something better. Here is some more info from the link above about SF.

[#009999]Common Reasons Service Technicians Use SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

[/#009999][#666666]When your vehicle has a rough idle, hesitates, stalls, pings or has an after run problem –[/#666666]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#666666]this is often due to carbon buildup.[/#666666]
[#666666]Your service technician can offer a reasonably priced fuel systems cleaning with the use of [/#666666][#ff3333]SEA FOAM [/#ff3333][#666666]products to solve these carbon problems.[/#666666]
[#666666]When your vehicle’s fuel injectors need cleaning – this is often due to residue left on injectors from poor burning fuels and contaminants.[/#666666]
[#666666]Your service technician can offer an inline fuel injection cleaning with the use of an injector cleaning machine and [/#666666][#ff3333]SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT[/#ff3333][#666666].[/#666666][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#ff3333]SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT[/#ff3333][#666666] is also added to the fuel to disperse moisture, clean fuel lines and injectors while driving.[/#666666]
[#666666]When moisture needs to be removed from fuels or an anti gel or de-icer is needed – these conditions are due to condensation in the fuel tank and extreme cold weather creating gas line freeze or diesel fuel gelling.[/#666666]
[#666666]Your service technician can recommend the use of [/#666666][#ff3333]SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT[/#ff3333][#666666] in the fuel tanks to dry moisture and cure these problems. [/#666666]
[#666666]When there is moisture detected in the oil –[/#666666][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#666666]this problem is due mostly to poor ventilation and condensation. Sometimes, however, there is a bad head gasket, cracked head or block that must be replaced.[/#666666]
[#666666]Your service technician will diagnose the problem and recommend the repairs. As part of the diagnostics, a[/#666666][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#ff3333]SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT[/#ff3333][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#666666]can be used in the oil crankcase to cure the moisture problems. A [/#666666][#ff3333]SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT[/#ff3333][#666666] can also be used in the oil crankcase after repairs to make sure moisture is eliminated. [/#666666]
[#666666]When valve lifter noise is apparent or piston rings seem to be sticking –[/#666666][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#666666]this is often due to dirty and gummed up oil passages, varnished lifters and buildup of gum, varnish and carbon in the piston ring areas.[/#666666]
[#666666]Your service technician can offer a [/#666666][#ff3333]SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT[/#ff3333][#666666] that will clean sticky lifters and free sticky rings. By doing this treatment you will be able to determine if there is a varnish problem or a mechanical problem. [/#666666]
[#666666]To help pass emissions tests – high emission numbers are usually caused by extreme carbon build up, dirty emission control items such as: pcv valve, egr valve, oxygen sensors or bad spark plugs and wires. [/#666666]
[#666666]Your service technician can provide a pre-emission test service that includes[/#666666][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#ff3333]SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT[/#ff3333][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][#666666]as a cleaning agent to help pass emissions tests.[/#666666]
[#666666]When fuel stabilization and engine fogging is needed – fuels of today become stale in less than thirty days. Therefore, stabilization and engine fogging are needed when vehicles, lawnmowers, snow blowers, outboard motors, chainsaws, motorcycles, gas in cans and engines are put into storage. [/#666666]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[signature]
[red][size 3]OK, I've heard of Sea Foam and had very good results running it in the fuel especially after using cheap 2-cycle oil (don't seem to have much trouble in the gunk up department when I use the nice synthetic stuff). Price is about the same too. It's about $7.00 a can at Checker. By the time you add that to the price of a gallon of cheap oil you might as well have spent $1.00 more and gone synthetic. I've never heard of BG 44K, how much more expensive and where do you chase it down? I like Berryman's as well but just use it for clean ups, afraid to run it in the fuel as it strips metal bone dry bare. Could be ugly for a two-stroker. [/size][/red]
[signature]
I'VE GOT IT AT NAPA. IT RUNS ABOUT 20.00 A CAN BUT 1 CAN WILL TREAT YOUR CAR FOR A YEAR. YOU WOULD ONLY NEED ABOUT A 1/4 OR 1/2 OF A CAN FOR A BOAT. THEY ALSO HAVE SOME STUFF CALLED CF5 WHICH IS NOT AS STRONG BUT IT IS ALSO CHEAPER AND THEY SAY IT DOES THE SAME THING. [url "http://www.BGPROD.COM"]WWW.BGPROD.COM[/url] I CHECKED IT OUT BEFORE USING IT ALSO
[signature]