Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba
[black][size 3]Anybody got anything on Yuba?[/size][/black]
[signature]
I had great success the weekend of March 17, and on Saturday March 24th.
It was hot earlier on when the ice had melted, but I think it has maybe slowed down just a bit since...

However I have not been there since the 24th, so conditions could have definitely changed. We did REALLY well for rainbows over by the damn. If you could take your pontoon, I'd recommend tossing buggers towards shore and stripping them back at ya with a sinking line. If you can keep the perch off, I think you'll do very well for the rainbows. They were in there thick, and real active last I was there...

They could have moved out into a little deeper water though...

Anyone been there more recently?
[signature]
[black][size 3]Thanks for the heads up. I bought a TYPE VII (yup, fast sinking son of a gun) and I think I might try it to get past the little guys.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Heading out for Easter weekend and hopefully will have a fair report.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Sounds like fun!
Let us know how you do...
[signature]
[#505000]One of my buddies was there Saturday and said he caught about 20 (all trout) fish. He was using bait...[/#505000]
[signature]
A freind from work is going friday morning i can let you know friday evening how he did. The bows have been close to shore and have been hitting just about everything you throw at them. Those storms last week kinda shut down them on the weekend but now that the weather is better fishing should be good. The only bad thing i can say about this weekend is that there will be a ton of boats at yuba. It is a good thing they have the shoreline a couple hhundred feet off limits to boats. I might just run down there friday after work and see whats biting.
[signature]
I fish Saturday, Sunday on the South side by the dam in 35' to 0' of water with leadcore and mono lines trolling and I used rapla's 13 different colors and jake,kastmasters and other lure with no luck , but the #1 davis popgear with copper and silver blades and a worm about 18" back of the popgear was a killer on the bows all in the 14" to 18" size. I had a hit about ever 10 mins. and had a lot of no hookups.The leadcore lines was out 2 1/2 colors and you do need the big popgear the small cowbell popgear just don't work, the bigger the popgear the better.

I fish the painted Rocks today and only got two bows in 3 hrs. using the same thing but I seen a lot of fish in the 30' to 40' range. I will try and post photo of popgear tomorrow some time.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Thanks DiggerDan, but I am a lint flinger so no pop gear. I do have a fly line called Depth Charge which I guess is lead core fly line. 30 feet of 250 grain and 70 feet of intermediate. It does get down there quick and pulls straight instead of the up and down action. Works GREAT in fact my favorite line. But just got this NEW line a Type VII, one of the first to go that heavy.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Got plenty of flies to go through and with any luck I will find a few fish.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Again, this is new water to this Idaho born and raised girl.[Wink][/size][/black]
[signature]
You will find fish. You always do. How about a trip to UL next week??[cool]
[signature]
CARPIES....Sounds like a plan! Lincoln?
[signature]
You can catch the carpies and i will fish for cats.[Wink] Lincoln definately sounds good. I'll talk with ya more in pm's.
[signature]
Just don't tell anyone I have CARPIES[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Maybe "carpal turnon syndrome"? Makes your rod arm twitch when you think about them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of those ailments where the cause is the cure...or vice versa. Too teckical for us Idaho spuds to figger out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Those sound like some fun FAST sinking lines!!!! Great, now i gotta buy some more spools! Thanks a lot![Wink]
[signature]