Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brunton Atlas MNS GPS
I bought a Brunton Atlas MNS GPS unit last fall when my old Garmin Rhino died. So far I really like all of the features that it has compared to conventional GPS units, but the only complaint I have is with the base map that comes with it. I was wondering if anyone out there has this unit and has bought the TopoCreate software for it?. Or has anyone with a Lowrance iFinder model purchased the MapCreat 6.3 version, since the Brunton MNS is a Lowrance iFinder just with a few more features and a Brunton name on it. If anyone has this I was wondering how you liked it and if it was worth spending the mony to buy the software.
Thanks
Wyobraz
[signature]
I don't have the mapcreate software, but I do have the Navionics Maps, including fishing hot spots. I have a Lowrance Ifinder H20 on my center console. The maps are very detailed and loaded with info. All I did was install the chip. It's really easy. The map was around 100 bucks if I remember right. I ordered mine from boaters world

[url "http://www.boatersworld.com"]www.boatersworld.com[/url]

I'm pretty sure that just about any big name company will have them. Another site you can go to is this:

[url "http://www.gps4fun.com"]www.gps4fun.com[/url]

I'd try boaters world first though. [cool]
[signature]
Hey, thanks for the info You actually answered another question I had, I also had been looking at the Navionics Maps as well.

Thanks again
Wyobraz
[signature]
No problemo' compadre' [cool] We're here to help.

Make sure and let us know which way you go and how you like the software. I went with Navionics because of simplicity and quality. I looked at the Map create stuff, but it looked like a pain.

I actually hand entered most of my waypoints anyhow. You'll find that the best fishing spots aren't "on the map" if you will. The smaller pieces of structure you mark along the way, those are the hot spots because they aren't heavily fished. The map software is a good place to start though.

Good luck partner.
[signature]