Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horse Creek
Ive been fishing Horse Creek on the back side of Robins AFB. Caught several fish off of a texas rigged green pumpkinseed zoom speed craw with a 2/0 offset shank. A bunch of 2 pounders but I was able to pull a 6 pounder off a bed. To bad I cant get cell phone pics sent on here. Everyone feel free to post what and where youve been fishing. Ive been passing out alot of BFT stickers around middle georgia so hopefully we can have some tournaments and fish frys soon. People please get involved, this is a great chance to learn, meet and just have fun fishing. Matt
[signature]
I will check to see if it is posible to upload fish photos from a cell phone to our gallery,

As a free registered member you have a free gallery already set up for you. you can go there and up load photos form your desk top, lap top, ect.. You can create albums as well...

You may have to do something like send the photo to your email address, then save it to your computer then upload it to the gallery. I dont know if there is another way to load your pics to our gallery or not, but I will find out....

thanks for the report and look forward to hearing more of your adventures...

congradulations on the 6 pound ? Could you share what species it was?

in the mean time, check if you have capabilities to directly hook your cell phone to your computer to up load photos to your pc. if you can do this you will be able to upload them to our gallery.
[signature]
Just your run of the mill large mouth bass. This creek is choked full of them. Thinking about it, I got to go hit it up right now or should I go hit up one of my crappie holes? Matt
[signature]
sounds like you couldnt make a wrong turn there...

how did it go?
[signature]
I mixed it up a little, went bass fishing in my crappie hole. I caught a few small bass about 12 inches but nothing to brag about. Im currently at 8 3/4lbs as far as bass go but I think i'll get my 10 pounder this year Wink good fishing, Matt
[signature]
your up on me in the bass catigory, I think my best is 5-6 pounds, but I never realy weigted them.

I had a hold of a big-un one time, but never got it with in a hundred feet of the boat before it jumped 5 feet out of the water and threw my rapalla back at me...[shocked]

me and my dad was rowin in to shore and I let out about fifty yards of line on the way in trollin for that last fish, and we had just hit shore when my rod doubled over, I got in a bunch of line before his majestic jump... I didnt get my fish, but it sure was a site to see. stuff you only see in the movies....[cool]

since the ice off, I have caught only two fish, one 8 inch gill and one 6 inch gill... I went out for trout yesterday, got a few lookers but no takers...
[signature]
It takes the bass alot longer to grow in Michigan as Im sure you know. So I bet a 6 pounder would be about the same age as a 9 pounder down here. Last summer I was crappie fishing with live minnows in a small pond in the swamp. I was catching some good size black crappie that were holding tight to a log when I FELT a thump by my feet. I looked down in the water and their was about a 10 inch gill on its side with a bass every bit of 14-15lbs sitting right next to it. The bass had pinned the gill against the bank, stuned it, backed off the charged in and took it out deep. That was the most impressive fish Ive ever seen in the wild and trust me, Ive tried fishing with live bluegill in that spot several times afterwards. I know where she lives so she's not safe [Wink]
[signature]