Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass action 4-6
Well, I made it out to my bass spot this morning. We boated 50 or so in 4 hours. Split shot rigged tiki stik worker well. I love this time of year.
[inline andybass2.jpg]
my dad
[inline andybass1.jpg]
Andy

[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4]EDIT: pic to large no larger the 400pxl wide[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
I love that tiki color in your first pick....That color was my "go to" LMB plastic last year.
[signature]
[reply]I love that tiki color in your first pick....That color was my "go to" LMB plastic last year.[/reply]

I tried them in green, minnow, and bass colors as well. the color pictured was the most productive. It was my first time trying it and it was awesome. I also did well fishing it weightless, but split-shot gets it into the deep holes better.

Andy
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
I love that tiki color in your first pick....That color was my "go to" LMB plastic last year.[/reply]

I tried them in green, minnow, and bass colors as well. the color pictured was the most productive. It was my first time trying it and it was awesome. I also did well fishing it weightless, but split-shot gets it into the deep holes better.

Andy[/reply]

Yea -- I did good with that color throwing weightless rigged wacky style. That was the only color I had last year -- I have a couple more to try this year.
[signature]
Andy, I'm happy for ya that you guys had a wonderful day fishing with great action on the bass.... RIGHT ON!!! That's awesome! [Smile] But what good does your post do if you don't at least mention WHERE you were fishing? [crazy] I'm not talking about YOUR SPOT, just the body of water. Thanks for sharing your technique, but it's useless if I don't know a general area at least! Bragging is kool, but I'd like to learn something from a post if I take the time to read it!

I see these kinds of posts way too much on chat boards.....
[signature]
good lookin fish, was definitly a nice day to be catching those bass[Wink]
[signature]
Sorry, I only have 1 "secret" spot and this is it. Body of water and everything. I will tell you every other spot I fish when I post. Driving directions, gps coordinates, everything. I thought that some fellow fisherman would enjoy pics for what they were. I will refrain from posting pics from this spot in the future. Like I said, any other spot I will let you know any honey hole you want.

PS- this spot fishes just like pelican so the tactics mentioned will work there.

Andy
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No apologies necessary Andy. The amount of information you choose to reveal is strictly optional. There are some spots that cannot withstand a lot of pressure and should be protected as much as possible.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It would be better, however, to state that up front, rather than make the tone of your post a tease. We all understand about avoiding "too much information". But a little more would have been appreciated.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you have a spot that allows you to whack 'em once in a while without having to fight off the happy harvesters. There have been too many places around the state that have been badly affected by too much publicity.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
sounds like a awesome trip 50 or more thats good its been a few years since ive caught bass
[signature]
Andyman,

I hope that you can understand where I am coming from and were not offended by my post. I was hoping that you'd take my post as constructive criticism rather than a flame. If this is your secret spot, and it cannot handle the pressure of a post in a public forum, then I totally understand your not wanting to reveal the location. Thank you for posting the kool pics. I just hate not being in on a secret!!! [sly]

Could you at least tell me what region (N, S, E, W) of Utah this place is in? It will help me to determine the progression of bass activity so that I can plan my trips.
[signature]
Tube Dude was right. I should have been clearer in my original post. I was in a hurry and was pretty vague. This spot is in the Uinta Basin near pelican lake and fishes just like pelican does. The split shot rig was the trick. Any other trip I will let you know exactly where I was. Thanks for the replies.

Andy
[signature]
Andy,

I'm surprised to see you get such fantastic largemouth bass action in that area so early in the season. I figured the water to be much too cold for them to be active until later on. But what do I know?.... I've only lived in Utah 2 years come September! Glad to see the fishies getting frisky!!!! I can't wait till my trip to Quail Valley and Sand Hollow in 2 weeks! Yeeeeah baby! [cool]
[signature]
Andy,

First off, great pic's. I hope you keep them coming. I cannot fathom the idea of someone "expecting" a fishermen to reveal
his or her secret locations.

I am glad some locations are kept a secret. I think it depends on
where you fish. I have revealed some spots, kept some to myself.

Hope to see more pic's in the future.
[signature]
Dude very nice fish.
[signature]
could be anywhere from Midview, Battle Hollow, Steinaker, Stewart Lake or a misc pond somewhere. Lots of choices out there. By looking at his posted pics and the backdrop, I have a few ideas. But that is some good catching, nontheless. Great Pics.
[signature]
Cadre,

If you'll re-read my posts above, I NEVER expected Andy to reveal any secret location! It was not until after my original post that I found out this location was a special place for him. I understand and respect his decision to withhold information, especially in a public forum. Some places are just too sensitive to take anymore pressure.
[reply]
Andy,

First off, great pic's. I hope you keep them coming. I cannot fathom the idea of someone "expecting" a fishermen to reveal
his or her secret locations.

I am glad some locations are kept a secret. I think it depends on
where you fish. I have revealed some spots, kept some to myself.

Hope to see more pic's in the future. [/reply]
[signature]
Just face it wasatch801, you're a big bully Tongue
[signature]
Andy, that water looks very familiar to me in fact about 3 weeks ago i boated about 80 fish there over 2 days 4 hours per day. I did catch one very large one . My drag was singing. We guessed him about 5.5 lbs. Tell your Father to mix in a little sun screen. [cool]
[signature]
What's up Steve? Big R told me about your big bass, nice job man. We were up to our ears in little guys and I only had one on that looked to be over 3 pounds but he shoot loose. Next time you go out let me know and we can shoot some song dogs. I want to get back out in early may when the fish are more active.

My dad and I both fried, did you see him sunday?

Andy
[signature]
What's up Stevey! Your best fishin buddy is still waiting for his invite to your "Secret Spot" By the way, i don't want to hear anymore about how bad your elbow hurts from realing in all those bass! I don't feel bad for you at all!!!
[signature]