Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minersville or Newcastle this weekend ???
i think ill hit either minersville or new castle res in southern utah this weekend . . .any thoughts or experience?

sm
[signature]
If you are after some hog bows, I'd hit Minersville with some wooly buggers fished on sinking line or behind a bubble on a spinning rod. It's probably a little early for Smallies at Newcastle. From my experience they generally don't start to bite consistantly until the water warms up quite a bit. Incidentaly, the same rig I use for bows at minersville works great at Newcastle as well! By the way what is the water level like at Newcastle? I heard that it was almost empty by the end of last summer and probably won't even reach the half-way mark this summer. I am jealous though. Those two bodies of water were my favorites while I was at SUU.
well i'd prob be trout fishing at either of them . . . thats my quarry of choice . . . ill prob try new castle cause its an hour closer . .

thanks

sm
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool]
Minersville
Minersville
Minersville
Minersville
Minersville
I get down to Minersville about 30 times a year the last couple of years. Down from about 50 times a year the 6 years or so before that. I consider 20 fish an hour this time of year to be the benchmark to shoot for. Have had many days where I've caught 8 or 9 fish in that many casts without moving my feet. That's righ, I'm not out in a float tube or boat. I've got a Water Otter that I keep down there, but I haven't even put air in it for over two years. There aren't many fish over the 22 inch slot, but TONS of 18 to 21 inchers.
I'm not saying that the rest of the state should be artificial flies and lures only, but MAN what a fishery Minersville is. Don't forget that scents are a no-no too. I'll keep my secrets, but I'll say this. They won't chase lures this time of year.
Also, plan on seeing the fish cop. He lives about 15 miles away, and he fishes there, and checks there alot. I'm pretty possessive about the fish down there too. I'll turn ya in if'n I sees ya cheatin'.
If work goes right, I'll be there Thursday, and Sunday.
Sorry to spout, but I REALLY couldn't stand to see this place trashed.
Good luck if ya go.
Fishrmn
[signature]
thanks man, ill have to give it a try sometime . . . and i can appreciate your comments . . .

sm
[signature]
now the weather forecast is for big time winds saturday in the cedar city area before the snow comes in - utah is forecast for snow and rain sunday, monday, tues - then another snowstorm 3 days after that!

sm
[signature]