Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any open water at The Berry?
Have any of you heard of any open water up there yet? I'm itching to get out fishing this Friday. Scofield's been awesome, but I'd rather get some larger trout out of Strawberry if at all possible. Thanks for any info.
[signature]
seriously someone post asap i'm suspended from work for eight weeks and in that time I want to spend lots of time there
[signature]
Well hell if that is the case I will buy you a soda if you go check for the rest of us working stiffs. hehehe
[signature]
some one posted that there is some open at the ladders and tooners were spoted. i also herd that the aspen cove is opened up.
[signature]
I was up there Sat. there is a good bit of open water at the latters and there is atleast 15 of open water around the edges of the entire lake
[signature]
Sweet. Thanks a lot! I know where I'm gonna be! If any of you make it up there and see the blue F150 with a white topper and a yellow toon in the back, stop and say hi!
[signature]
In reply to:

[#0000ff][size 1]When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I can not put my finger on it now. The child has grown, the dream has gone.
I have become Comfortably Numb.
[/size][/#0000ff]

Great song...rock on!

I may try to make it up there this Saturday for a few hours... probably Soldier Hollow side. When are you headed up?

Good times ahead!
[signature]
Friday bright and early for sure. Depending on the fishing probably saturday and sunday mornings, too. Gotta get my fishing time in sometime. lol
[signature]
I look forward to the reports--good luck! Post up Friday if ya can so I can read up before heading out myself. Thanks!
[signature]
I had a friend at the berry on Monday. He said when he started about 20 feet of open water, when he left at least 200 feet of open water. Mud creek was wide open. Wind was very strong and pushing the ice around pretty good. He didn't expect the ice to make it to next week. I am jealous about some of you going this week but since this is the last week for people to complete their taxes I will be very busy until next Wednesday. Ice off is about 2-3 weeks early this year. My friend fished for a couple of hours and netted 12 fish, Leech pattern was the best. Good luck.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up mlyonsden. I'll be sure to post up if I do end up making it out there. Good luck w/taxes--always a good time...NOT!!!
[signature]
[reply]
"I am jealous about some of you going this week but since this is the last week for people to complete their taxes I will be very busy until next Wednesday." I feel your pain.[pirate] I wish April 15th fell on a Friday every year! [/reply]
[signature]