Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry River?
Has anyone hit this yet? I am planning on heading up there this weekend and any reports of either what the access is like below the dam or fishing reports in general will be greatly appreciated.

Schlitz-
[signature]
Last I heard there weren't any fish in there so stay away![Wink] Just wait til next weekend and then we can find out together.
[signature]
We saw plenty of fish but caught zero. Tried everything and no go. I think it's a little early yet for that stream to get going.

Schlitz-
[signature]
Try some of the smaller streams around that area. Got out all afternoon Saturday probable less than 20 miles from where you where and had my best fishing since last fall. Caught about 2-3 dozen browns, a dozen rainbows and 1/2 dozen cutthroats. Dogs and I had a blast and didn't run into anyone on the stream. Couldn't ask for a nicer day out this time of year. Tungsted b.h. nymphs worked well to get down low where most of the fish where feeding.
[signature]
Schlitz, you should have called in sick and gone fishing with me today. Up not far from Strawberry again and the fishing was red hot. Caught 2 cutts, a couple dozen rainbows mostly 10- 12 inches and at least 20 browns. The browns ran 14 - 18 inches. Ran into a couple other guys as I was heading out and someone else was already fishing upstream but no one while actually fishing. Can't go this weekend but send me a PM toward the end of next week if you want to try to get together the following weekend.
[signature]
Riverdog,

Sounds like a awesome trip and sounds like I should have called in sick for sure. I could use a day like that right about now. I think I will try Nebo or Thistle Creek possible Lower Fish Creek this weekend and will PM you next week for sure.

Thanks for the report and invite.

Schlitz-
[signature]