Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice river
[green][size 3][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green]Just came across a few pictures that I took of the Gros Ventre River last year. The GVR is about 10 miles North of Jackson Hole. Fishing wasn't that great as the temperature was over 90 every day. But it was a pretty area. As they say a day on the river is better than sitting in traffic on a freeway. Those are the Grand Tetons in the distance behind my car.[Tongue][/green][/font][/size][/green]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23689;] [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23692;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23691;]
[signature]
Great pic... Id say a day almost anywhere is better than sitting in CA traffic...

MacFly
[signature]
Anything is better than CA traffic. I would rather go tubing in the Great Salt Lake.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
Anything is better than CA traffic. I would rather go tubing in the Great Salt Lake.[cool] [/reply]

Would that then make you a salty seagoing sailor???? [sly]
[signature]
I guess it would. The slinity of the Great Salt Lake is about 3 times that of the ocean. I could just imagine if there were actual fish there, they would be over salted.

I could just imagine the salty crust that would form on my tube also. I already have to rinse mine off well after a trip to the salt here.[cool]
[signature]
It looks beautiful there!
It must be nice to wade in the water while you are fishingSmile
Thanks for sharing.
AnnaSmile
[signature]
You were very close to a well kept JH secret spot[Wink]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there SC_flyguy and welcome to the BFT and the FF&T board. Any hints as to JH secret spot? Been up & down many of the roads and streams in the area. If the fish aren't being friendly out comes the camera. That way I always leave any place being better off than when I arrived. BTW this is the Snake about a mile below the dam at jackson Lake.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=24456;][/center]
[signature]
Well I will tell you this......the Creek near the area you were fishing starts with a C hehe.....PM me for details
[signature]
That picture looks like I could live there and fish for a whole month.
Yes share the secret.
ANnaSmile
[signature]
By the way Mac, pass buy that scene every year on the way to the "H". And you want beauty, take the short cut at Ashton and go to Maisa (sp) falls, upper and lower. Absolutly breath taking!
[signature]