Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard info.
Thanks for th info on willard. I will probably head there this weekend. I caught a few wiper there last year near the south marina. I guess I might have to change my name the ice fishing is about done.

i was reading the fishing reports in the standard and they say almost everything is unsafe. I am just a fishing fool.
[signature]
Let us know how you do if you head out. I think this warm spell may get the fish a little more active. Good luck.
[signature]
Checked my log the first trip to Willard last year was April 4th. The temp was 56 degrees and we caught severaal wipers.
[signature]
56 degrees in april? Cool, but right now, currently what's the temp? I like to make comparision and see if spring has come earlier for willard this year.
[signature]
We have a long way to go before we get to 56 degree. Two weeks ago the water temp was 39 degree in the main lake and 41 in the north marina. I'm sure it is higher now but I don't think it is over 45 degree. There are a few people going out this week so we will find out soon. WH2
[signature]
No wipers today. Lost a nice walleye though. The water is still a little to cold.

With the next two days as warm as they say. Then Saturday afternoon just

might be a good time to be at Willard. I tried for some cats but didn't get

a bite. I think that I will wait until this weekend to head back out there.

The stupid bugs are already out. So take some mosquito spray. Wiper24
[signature]
Hey Wiper, where were you fishing? I went out tonight also and fished several areas. I had to check my motor out to make sure it was OK after the problems I had with it last week at Bear lake. I talked to a guy that was fishing from shore that said he had caught a dozen wipers yesterday but only one today. There were 9 or 10 people fishing from shore and 4 or 5 boats on the water. The shad were jumping all over the place and as I was reeling in for the last time I snagged a 15 incher, no wipers for me today maybe tomorrow. Oh yea, water temp was 52 degree right at the mouth of the south marina and 48 by the light pole. Water was two feet deeper that it was 6 weeks ago by the light pole in the deep water, water was coming down the baffles at a good clip. We might have a full lake this year if we get a good storm or two next week, keep your fingers crossed. WH2
[signature]
Hi wiperhunter2

I was fishing on the south shore, and then over by the light pole. I saw someone go by in a boat pretty close to us. It was probably you. Smile
The person that caught those 10 wipers. Can you tell me where he caught most of them? I wish that I was there right now. lol I cant get enough fishin. I will probably be there tomorrow. Wiper24
[signature]
I saw a couple of guys close to the light pole when I came by in my white 1972 Starcraft, I guess that was you.
The guy that caught those wipers was fishing on the east corner as you go out of the channel from the south marina. It is a long walk because you have got to park on the main road by that maintenance building, the best way to get there would be take a bike because it is almost a mile walk. When we went by the inlet there were guys on both sides of the inlet but the guys on the east side did the best. I went out again today but I'll post that next. Good luck if you make it there tomorrow. WH2
[signature]