Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventurous East Canyon Report!!!
Well the day started out pretty early. Got my boat on the water at 6:30, went to start, NOTHING!!! What the heck[mad]!!! Thought I may have done some damage when I put the new fish finder in last weekend, but thankfully nothing bad, just corrosion on the battery, ran good the rest of the day. Now my buddy on the other hand.........just purchased a used boat and put her in up against the dock and I hear, "HEY, is there suppose to be water gushing in like this"???[shocked][laugh][sly] "UMMMM, Hey did you put the plug in?"........classic response.........."What Plug?"!!!!!!!![laugh] So he rushed and got'er outta the water installed the plug then had a little trouble starting her up, usually happens if you dont squeeze the "bulb" until it is hard, but we gotter figured out. At last we are off fishing, trolled the shoreline going towards the inlet. WHACK!!! Nice rainbow, next time by, WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM!!! SHe was only 19" but the fattest rainbow I have ever seen, coroners report found a nice sized bluegill in her, didnt know they were in EC but whatever!!! When I went to unhook her, she got me back by impailing the hook deep into my fingure all the way to the bone, so had to perform some surgery with the pliers and rip her out[pirate] my goodness did that hurt and bleed for about 30 minutes. All in all a good day, my fishing parter and I boated 8 fish...........oh yeah lost another Monster, had to have been at least 24" by the boat[unsure]!!! We just used Rapalas behind the boat a ways, my other buddies in the other boat got 6 in the boat, so not too bad and I just got done eating a few.........mmmmm.....mmmmmm.....GOOD!!! I do have some pictures, but I will have to post them on later if anyone wants to see, I am running a little late for a birthday party. Be there bright and early in the morning!!!
TS
[signature]
GOOD READ SLAYER. NEXT TIME YOU HOOK YOUR SELF. THRED THE HOOK THREW THE SKIN IT MAKES ANOTHER HOLE IN THE BODY BUT HURTS FAR FAR LESS AND HEALS QUICKER. I DID THE SAME THING WITH A GIANT FLAT FISH FOR LAKERS. WENT IN BY MY THUMB AND THREDDED OUT NEXT TO INDEX. WOW. NO FUN. IT HURTS THE WORST WHEN THE FISH IS STILL HOOKED TO THE LURE. 1 TIME AT DA BERRY UTWALLEYE HAD A FAT RAINBOW DO IT TO HIM. FUNNY WATCHING HIM SQUEZE THE GUTS OUT ITS MOUTH WITH HIS UNHOOKED HAND. I WAS LAFFING SO HARD I COULDNT HELP FOR NOTHING. O GOOD TIMES.
[signature]
ouch! heal up brother, but sounds like a good day and would def like to see the pics[Wink]
[signature]
Quit being such a baby[sly]...no really sorry to hear about the finger but aleast youve got some fish in your belly[cool].

FF462
[signature]
Ahh, the joys of learning about boats!

Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the hook. Nice day on the water.
[signature]
Another monster to try and catch. I did not know east canyon had bigguns in there until I started reading alot of posts from fellow BFT'ers.
[signature]
Hope these pictures turn out alright. As everyone knows pictures dont do anyone any justice, but FF462 can let you know I am 6'0" 220 lbs if that KINDA gives any indication of how fat this little lady was. Hope this picture works, I guess I should have read TD's picture post first, oh well, too much to drink at the B-Day Party[unsure]!!! BE at EC bright and early, any joiners????
[signature]
Yeah, it was a gorgeous day, couldnt ask for a better one that is for sure, except for the biggun I lost. Not to be rude, but I think the LDS Church was holding their Annual General Conference out at East Canyon today. There had to have been a good.......100....125.....150 different people out fishing, including the 30-45 boats on the water. Everyone I talked to but one had caught at least 6 fish, so it was ON FIRE!!! Once again be there bright and early, look for the "U.S.S. B.B. KOCH" 17' Tracker!!!!!!
TS
[signature]
Nice report Justin, I think we saw you at the ramp this morning. We were launching around 7:15am or so, we saw a boat right by the ramp dock that three or four guys were trying to get started. When it finally started some of the guys got in two other boats, was one of those guys you?
[signature]
Yeah Bud, I was the one in the BROWN Jacket, helping the buddy start his boat up. I have the Tracker Deep Hull V 17'!!! I put my BFT sticker on my boat before heading out!!! Wish I could have said HI!!! Good to see you guys made it out, did you guys do good?
TS
[signature]
Nothing as big as the fish you pulled out today but we did manage 15 bows between 11 and 14 inches. We stayed around the dam and the fish we marked were stacked. We had one double but left at noon. How late do you stay?
[signature]
I caught my first fish at 8:05 then the Biggun at 8:15 or so, then I caught 3 more and my buddy caught 3, and the bite stopped around 11:45-12:30 or so. We were at the docks at around 2 p.m.
You going tomorrow? The biggun still learks where I lost him "in the rocks"!!!
TS
[signature]
No, I won't be there tomorrow, I don't fish EC more than a couple of times a year. Just needed to get the boat out for the first time this season. Didn't think Willard would be worth trying with all the unsettled weather this week. Good luck tomorrow, hope you catch that big one again.
[signature]
Nice report and pic.

I have had that happen before.... Panther Martin treble in the pinky knuckle. It was November, and I let my hand soak in the river for a minute before performing surgery. Hand was so numb I didn't feel it at the time, but I sure did later.

We need to go fishin' sometime Trout Slayer! [cool]
[signature]
Yeah, maybe sometime in the near future we can join up and hit the water. I see that you are a Cub's fan and a Jazz fan as am I. Now we have a little problem with you being a Packer fan, I am all about DA BEARS!!! But we can settle that on the water[Wink]!!! I leave for my Lake Powell adventure next weekend and wont be back until the following Thursday, but maybe that weekend. Then the next two weeks after that I will be in Florida for business.
TS
[signature]
Haha... I guess I could handle you being a Bears fan... as long as you like the other 2. I guess I can't give ya too much crap though... we may have won at Soldier Field, but you guys are the NFC champs. [Sad]
[signature]
Hey Curt
We were up there Saturday also. Started off down by Taylors and caught and released 12 nice bows. My neighbor decided he wanted to have a barbacue after we were headed back to the docks, so we stopped and trolled for a few more minutes around the dam and caught another 4 for him to fry up. Pink UV did it again. He had two in the boat before I could get my line in the water. Wind made it a bit tough. That big bow sticks up like a big wind arrow and turns the boat everytime the wind decides its time to blow. The 8 horse kicker tries its best to keep us straight but at times it struggles. Going to try it again next Sunday I think. Then its the Gorge for the rest of the year.
[signature]
Hey there Rob, how you been? Sent you a couple of PM's during ice season but got no reply. Stopped by the RMT booth at the Expo and talked with Jared about those UV rigs, he ask me to call him after the expo was over but I lost his card. What time did you come by the dam? I saw a big boat like yours come by around 11am but I remember yours being bigger. Were you trolling with riggers or leaded line?
[signature]
Fished around the dam about 11. Can't miss the boat, it has 5 foot Rocky Mountain Tackle logos on both sides. Fished with riggers down to 35 feet. Most fish we kept were in the 19 to 20 inch range. Still waiting to get one of those Tigers I heard were in there. Give me call about tackle if you can not get hold of Jared. He is in California making a delivery and fishing a tournament with Cory this week.
[signature]