Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Report 14 Apr (SAT)
Me and my partner got out a little late today. We started fishing around 11am and finished at 4pm. To cut to the chase we caught a total of 25-30 bass/all released live and well. All mostly 1-2 lb range, one 3lber and a nice 4.5 lber. She was 20inches w/ 13.5inch girth. When I use the calculation Lg x Lg x gth / 1200 it came out around 4.5 lbs. I caught her on a jerkbait. Today we used tubes, cranks, and Plastic worms. All baits worked well. My favorite was the cranks b/c the bass really loaded up on them(not to mention I was using my new diawa viento reel and st croix rod. We had to fish deep water, we didn't find much action in the shallows. Lots of boats out there but the fishing was still good. The water was flat calm, all in all a really nice day of Bass fishing. In a tournament I would have had est 10lbs. But during tournys the big boys don't bite for me[Wink]. I would have taken a pic of this big girl w/ the bigfishtackle sticker but I forgot them in the truck. That really bites, oh well. may be next time.
[signature]
That's a great report!! I didn't get out to Nelson this weekend because i thought i'd try to fish some of these lakes that are just starting to warm up. I def. didn't catch as many fish as you haha [Tongue] I'll be posting my report when i get my pics soon.

The crankbaits are one bait i havn't fished a lot of at Nelson....were the fish biting all around the lake or did you stick around in one spot?
[signature]
They were mostly around everywhere. They didn't turn on until about 2pm. Through out the day we would catch one here and there. I should have thrown a spinner bait, I think it would have done well.
[signature]
Yeah, the bass are finally starting to bite everywhere and not just by the discharge.[cool]

I love fishing with crankbaits and spinnerbaits for bass but it gets to be a lot of work when you're doing that constantly on a tube, that's why i love fishing plastics so much![Tongue]
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great day of fishing. I know alot of people went home with out a nibble this weekend. LOL, but that's fishing. Maybe next weekend will be better. Hopefully the weather will permit a little ocean excursion, but we'll just have to see. [cool]
[signature]
[cool]Awesome report!

It's probably a good thing you forgot those stickers[Tongue]

Those are nice looking bass. Nice looking color on them too.

How deep of water were you fishing?
[signature]
fishing 4 to 5 ft by the bank next to really deep water, around 10+ or so. Bass seem to be susupended.

Laters Curt

Looking forward to 5 May at Nelson[Smile]
[signature]