Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your best stories!!
I'm trying to put together a list of "essentel" emegency gear list for tube and tooning and am curius as to some of the things that have happened to all of you out there in your adventures. I would like to make seperate lists for lakes and rivers being that they can be completly different beasts. Thanks in advance[Wink].

FF462[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We had a thread on this a ways back, that did a good job of listing some of the essentials.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=286723;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]LINK TO THREAD[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]
My list includes:
Patching Tape/ small pump
Whistle
Tow Rope
PFD
Bug and sun repelent
Rain Jacket
Small first Aid kit
Radio (Along with letting someone know where I am)
Rod Leashes
Flashlight with strobe
Granola Bars
Hand Warmers
It all fits in a water proof bag (except the PFD, radio and Whistle)
[signature]
[reply]
My list includes:
Patching Tape/ small pump
Whistle
Tow Rope
PFD
Bug and sun repelent
Rain Jacket
Small first Aid kit
Radio (Along with letting someone know where I am)
Rod Leashes
Flashlight with strobe
Granola Bars
Hand Warmers
It all fits in a water proof bag (except the PFD, radio and Whistle)[/reply]

Reading that list made me think of my neighbor.....We had scheduled an evening tubing meet up at the local lake for a "little exercise" the
other day, and as he unloaded his truck and got his gear ready -- he realized that he had remembered everything except a pole Smile

** However, based on the cold front we had the week before and the fishies stingy bite.....pole's around here the last week or so are truely optional and really would not play into the outcome anyway.
[signature]
[#bf0060]Poles and rods are good[laugh] The old man has forgot a reel before and I forgot flippers once.[/#bf0060]
[#bf0060]I do remember getting all the way up to a lake once (about an hour away) and realized, we had the batteries but no motors.[/#bf0060]
[#bf0060]I have a clipboard in the garage with a list of all the gear we need and we do a check off.[/#bf0060]
[#bf0060]A pump is also something you do not wanna forget.[pirate][/#bf0060]
[signature]
Essentials;
Craft in good repair
PFD
pump
Patch kit
pole & Reel
fins
air horn
something to drink

I too float alone a lot more than with someone. So much so that my float seldoms leaves my vehicle. I try to pick safe waters and safe conditions. TD will atest to that LOL. I too am confortable on, in, or near the water. I swim like an otter. I don't plan for anything bad to happen. Most of it already has when I was younger and more foolish. Now I plan my trips, load my vehicle ahead of time. I carry pretty much the bare essentials. I will be adding sun screen (thanks TD) and a couple of other items. I usually have a cell with me and a radio (which needs replacing). Other than that I pay attention to my surrondings and the weather and stay within my limits. I'm not bashfull about getting off the water when the wind kicks up or a storm blows in. As much as I love to fish I love my family more.
[signature]
THE FINS I LIKE TO USE DON'T FLOAT SO I USE LEASHES, JUST IN CASE THEY COME OFF. LEARNED THAT LEASON EARLY ON WHEN I LOST ONE IN A RELATIVELY LARGE BODY OF WATER.....THE OCEAN. WAS A MOTHER JUST TO GET BACK TO SHORE AND 1/2 MILE WALK BACK TO WHERE I LAUNCHED LUGGING THE TUBE AND ALL THE GEAR.

AT
[signature]