Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Cleanup / Possible Social Event
To all you trusty Willard Bay fisher people, I am looking to put together a north marina cleanup day and maybe a social with Tubedudes help. He is the social and I am the cleanup.

With the low water at Willard Bay this year, the north marina is riddled with trash and is in desperate need of cleanup and a take pride in the "bay" day. Now if I can get a fairly good turn out this would be a snap and this is what you get. Free Entrance for the entire day to Willard Bay that day, a cleaner state park, and if all works out a wonderful fish lunch and social get together. What would happen is that from 8 -11 a.m we would all meet and cleanup the trash in the marina. At 12:00, if all works out well a social event with fish and good times with all. And after that all the fishing or other activities you want to do at the bay.

Now if you are interested please p.m. myself with your name and number of people that will be with you. I am looking to do this on May 19th. Any questions feel free to ask.

Jeff
[signature]
Would love to but i have to work. Next time i am out there i will grab some junk and haul it off.[cool]
[signature]
I would like to join you guys but I'm scheduled for a 2 week TDY to Nellis AFB. from 14 to 25 May. If something should change I will contact you. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Mid May is a good/bad time to schedule something like this, but it was the soonest we could schedule it. We know a lot of dedicated anglers will be right in the middle of special trips and may not want to give up a partial fishing day. But, do what you can.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am going to see what I can scare up from BFT for prizes for volume of trash cleaned up. It won't be an entry fee fishing contest but we may be able to have a multispecies award thing too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By that date we should have some good fillets for a fish fry and some fish tacos, for the noon meetup. Hopefully we can be through with food and socializing in time to get out for some afternoon angling...from shore, boat, tube or whatever.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If we get even a few folks spreading out and working at it, we should have the place spotless in short order. It will not be an all day cleanup effort I am sure.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We can finalize planning as soon as we get an idea of how many folks can participate. Don't worry about posting excuses on the board. Either you can make it or you can't. No tragedy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have any great ideas on how to increase the fun factor, we are definitely open to that.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
No excuse, but when you work for "UNCLE" his needs come first.[pirate]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]If everything works out, I'll be there. I enjoy fishing Willard and would be glad to come down for half a day and help you clean up.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yeah...that Uncle can be pretty narrow minded about some things.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know when you guys wanna meet up on the pond again. I will be hitting it soon myself.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hi There utahsteelheader, hey you can count me in for the clean-up.

AFDan52
[signature]
Count me in. Keep me updated.
[signature]
See you there.
[signature]
I would show up but will be in Manila fishing the Villa derby.
[signature]