Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishcat Panther?
Hi Ladies and fellers,
I am looking into buying a new toon and the panther has caught my eye and I was wondering if there is any of you that have tried it so that I may make a wise decision. Thanks again
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The Panther is a nice 9 footer...the big brother of the popular Cougar. It has the same 4 pontoon system that creates a lower profile and more stability than having one large air chamber on either side. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No personal experience but good reports from all I have heard from.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck and if you get one, be sure to post a report on your likes and dislikes. If you have had experience with other toons you are more likely to like the Panther..a lot.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey BLU,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I think that that design is really impressive.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The idea of two pontoons on each side of ya, seems good to me. I think that that craft is made by Outcast for Cabela's. They have several lines of toons, each with that design.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The big difference is the pricing. This toon has vinyl bladders. Outcast also has this same design with urathayne (sp) bladders. The major difference is cost. Many people with more knowledge than I have stated many times that you should buy toons with urathyne bladders only. (it's a quality/safety factor).[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The idea of having the double toons on each side, and the low profile (less wind resistance) make this toon appealing.[/size]
[signature]
Question to ponder. Because it has two toons per side, does it really make it more stable than a single toon? I highly doubt it. It has a bigger footprint (surface area) granted, but that makes for more drag in the water, which makes more work to kick or row, not to mention, harder to turn.
A pontoon becomes stable by how far apart the toons are and how long, not by how many there are.
My opinion for what it's worth.
[signature]
Thanks to all for you opinions and replies. I haven't got the cash yet but hopefully in the next month then I will be real serious at looking.

Flygoddess, thank you for your opinon I value everyone who is willing to chime in. I was just thinking the dual toons for the extra weight capacity and width. I am a bigger guy and like to take a lot of gear for playing with. Plus I was thinking of using the minn kota to combat the extra drag. Not as much of a purist but I enjoy it still.
[signature]
I understand BLU, I use a motor also and I do have a few friends that have the Outcast version and swear by it.
Being a waterskier, I just think about that. It is more tiring and harder to maneuver with two skies than one. (But easier to get up LOL)
Also, my toon is the same diameter as each of the toons on the one you are looking at, but the length of my toons and the width make it VERY stabile.
[signature]
Fly what is your tube? I've heard you talk about the H3 but I didn't think it has a motor mount. Thanks for all your help. I am just one of guys who like to tinker at all kinds of things. But fishing and tooning is the most relaxing.
[signature]
BLU, I haven't put a motor on my Freestyle H3....YET, but I could cause I do still have one of those Float Powers. I use a motor on my Cardiac Canyon made by Dave Scadden at Northfork Outdoors. They don't make the Cardiac anymore. All his new toons have standing platforms, but I like mine.
There is a good chance I will be getting there new Navigator II this year and it is a float tube that you can row or put a motor on. Way cool boat.
Oh yeah, the H3 is a Northfork also.
[url "http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/homepagedirectory.html"]http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/homepagedirectory.html[/url]
[signature]
And it is a very sweet one at that.
[signature]