Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day on the Weber again-4/22/07
Don't usually post on the Web. but had a really good day on the river and had to share, I guess. Probably more like an old geezer bragging. [Smile] Got there about noon, quit at 4:30, caught about 8-10 trout, 6 of which were between 16-18 inches. A combination of browns and rainbows. Caught about 6-8 whities. All cught on a single prince nymph. As usual, never bring the camera when I should, Oh well, sorry about that. The Sparkinator and I had a great time. Needless to say we're having fish for a few nights. [Wink]
Leaky
oh that sound like fun
[signature]
Sounds familiar! I was out there at the same time 12 - 4. My numbers weren't as good, but not bad. 3 bows, 3 browns and about 5 whities. Mainly fishing a gray scud trailing a little brown with flashbou and copper beadhead fly I tye. Tried a couple streamers, but I'm not too good at streamer fishing and thus skunked in that department. Got a little windy at times and rainy but overall a good day.
Attached is a pic of a chunky brown with nice spots and color (taken with my phone's camera).
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=24112;]
[signature]
thats a nice fish. My uncle is a biologist and we were catching bugs one day and we caught a sculpin. So the next time i go i am going to try a sculpin looking fly.
[signature]