Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the biggest fish you've ever caught?
What's the biggest fish you've ever caught?
[signature]
He's pretty big by now. Caught him 25 years ago and he gets a little bigger each year. That spoonbill cat will never be as big as the one that got away, though. I sure miss the spoonbill days.
Hey, what's your biggest?
[signature]
Well, just so ya know, I'm a southern Utah guy, and there ain't a lot of big fish around here. Anyway, the biggest I've ever caught is probably an 18 inch rainbow. I don't get around much, and usually fish high mountain or just mountain streams with 10 inch fish. However, I think that will change after my trip to the Green River this summer.
[signature]
MountainMan: Some of your reactions on these boards indicate to me the kind of angler that I always have hoped to be. When one talks about the biggest fish caught that means something other than the quality of the catch, which in my mind is "the biggest fish caught". I have caught many fish in the 100 pound class but the biggest I ever caught was a 16 inch brook trout that evaded my efforts for over 5 years in an Eastern Sierra brook. When I slid that denizon onto the bank, words cannot describe my feelings. I had cast all kinds of different stuff into that hole and missed him so many times that it became almost boring. I released him immediately but I never saw him again...darn-it. Yes, the feeling of catching that "brookie" outweighed that last swordfish I caught and even better that 230 black sea bass that I speared in 1948.
[signature]
The biggest one I ever caught was last summer a 22 pound chinook salmon.
[signature]
Hello Guys,

Great bunch of fish!

George, I would tend to agree that the biggest isn't always the biggest. Although in my case I think my biggest is my biggest "a 80+ pound sailfish", well accept for my personal biggest bass (9+ pounder), well accept for my only salmon (30+), well accept for my.... O.K., O.K. George your right biggest isn't always the the biggest (lol).
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
the biggest fish I have ever caught was to small to keep.

it was a 59 inch white sturgen.
the year I caught it the minimum size limit was 60 inches.

every year here in michigan sturgen anglers have to keep on their toes. the rules and size limits change every year to protect sertain strains/hatchlings

2003 size limits are sturgen caught between 42 - 50 inches may be kept. (only one per year) any thing else must be released.

a special tag is required this year prior to fishing for this fish, the tag can be obtained at a dnr office
[signature]