Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the biggest fish you've ever caught?
What's the biggest fish you've ever caught?
[signature]
6-7 lb bass at Yuba.
[signature]
[cool]Rainbow (steelhead) 19.5 # Brown 23# Cutt 6.5# Brookie 3# Mack 17# Golden 3#+ Bull 12#

Largemouth 15# 13oz. Smallmouth 6-15 White 4+ Yellow 1-3 Striped 42# Wiper 14+ Cal. Black Seabass 300+ Calico 8+ Sand 6+ Spotted BayBass 5+

King Salmon 62# Silver 18# Sockeye 7.5# Kokanee 4#

Sturgeon 125# Paddlefish 60# Shark 14 feet

Redfish 30#+ Spotted Seatrout 7# Halibut 40#+

Marlin (striped) 219# Yellowfin Tuna 250#+ Yellowtail 51#

Blue Cat 57# Flathead Cat 30#+ Channel Cat 24#

Sorry. Not bragging. Just lucky to have "been there & done that".
[signature]
is this all caught in a tube??? Man!!!!!! I am slackin' big time.....
[signature]
[cool]Hey, slacker. I been trying to sell you on goin' afloatin'.

Seriously, with the exception of some of the big ocean-going fishies, a large number of those were from a "flotation craft". I have been doing this stuff for over forty years, and have pretty much covered the whole country and a bit north and south too. Again, not wanting to appear more vain than properly humble, my fishing resume includes over two hundred species of fish, and most of them have been "tubed".

Good to see you with us Ralph. Been molesting any flatties lately?
[signature]
Yes, all the halies that I had the pleasure of catching have all been under the legal limit... if I keep this up this year I will have to register with the local authorities as an offender ....lol[shocked]

you are the man... not TubeDude....TubeMan or something...have a cape trailing your tube... I can rig a sound system on your tube to play the theme song from Superman... hahahahaha!!!!!!

Minh
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Minh, I might take you up on the sound system. Don't have one for my new ride. I love good sounds. Just don't make it hip hop. Can't make the moves while restricted in my Super Fat Cat. It really messes up my break dancin'.

And, about those "shorts". Somebody's gotta do the surveys on population densities, by size. Fish and game should give you an award for being the most efficient in the sublegal category.

Me, I hook plenty of legals, but I practice a lot of catch and release. At least I've got the release part down. I release some of those big ones many feet from my rod. The prestigious "long line release" requires years of practice, to make it look like an accident. If everyone knew we were doing it on purpose they would think we were crazy...instead of just "farmers".

I'm thinking it is about time for some of the big mamas to start showing in the shallows. What's the biggest one you have heard of this year so far?
[signature]
[Wink]Yup... I have not lost the farmer in me, eventhough I left the farm when I was much younger... suprisingly I have not seen too many big ones in the shallow... I think one of the Copes brother caught a 29 #er this year...you can see the pic on Kiyo's site baytubers.com. Other than that mostly legal and nice ones but not considered really big. Some big ones but on boats..

Heck... I am just trying to get out of this juvenile category... dunno if I am talkin' about my personality or the fishes I catch.[cool] maybe I should concentrate on catchin' macs on the pier..nah that would be givin up the farmin' way o'life... could not do that!!!!
[signature]
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][red][size 5] E-I-E-I-OOOOOH.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#ff0000][size 5]If ya ain't farmin', ya ain't fishin'. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#ff0000][size 5]And if ya ain't fishin', you ain't nuttin'[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
DANG! you get around ya know what I mean? I feel ashamed to be in the presence of such people as you. Sheesh! But who'm I kiddin'. The farthest I've ever traveled to fish is about 7 hours from my house, to the Uintas in Utah. Mighty fine stream fishin' but ain't nuttin' big up in those little streams, unless you get very lucky.
[signature]
[cool]Never a need to apologize for having had fewer opportunities than others. It's what you make of the opportunities, and the personal enjoyment and satisfaction you derive from the experience that counts. If anyone were to have to be limited to fishing only in Utah, and having an occasional trip to the Uintas, that person is still rich.

There aren't many states with the diversity and the overall fishing quality of Utah. And, when it comes to heart-fluttering beauty, the Uintas are right near the top of the alpine trouting environments in the west. The size of the fish are not important. Even though I have caught fish much larger than myself, I have never caught any more beautiful than those little jewels from the high mountain streams and lakes. Each time I return to the mountains, it is as much to worship as to fish. Those fiesty little wild trout that volunteer to join me for a campfire cookout are only the benediction to a truly religious experience.

I think that's one of the reasons I never tire of watching the movie Jeremiah Johnson. It was filmed largely in the Uintas and does a great job of capturing the essence. Like I suspect you might feel, I sometimes wonder if I was born a hundred years too late.
[signature]
[Smile]this a list of the big fish that i have caught over the past 20 years. 40" 30lb mack, 26 1/2" 7 1/2lb brown, 25" 6lb rainbow, 24" 6lb cutthroat, 20" 5lb brookie, 8 1/2lb 25"florida largemouth bass, 19" smallmouth bass, 13" crappie, 13" perch, 22" wiper, 25" walleye, 12" bluegill, 25" tigermusky 4lb.test fishin for crappie, 20lb. carp and a 24" kokniee salmon i would like to catch a big tigermusky one of these days. i also have a leigh 8 foot pontoon boat that i have caught all of the fish above but smaller size fish and have had many great days fishing out of it
[signature]